Head of Modern Foreign Languages
Start date: 1st January 2021 or 22nd February 2021
Salary: Teachers Main Scale Points 1-12/Upper Pay Scale Points1-3 (£25,714 - £41,604) plus TLR 2b £4,783 per annum
Hours of work: Full Time
Closing date: 12 noon Wednesday 9th December 2020
We wish to appoint a Head of Modern Foreign Languages to join an outstanding Humanities Faculty at All Saints Academy.
This role, is the ideal vacancy for any candidate wishing to progress their career into senior leadership, with the opportunity to expand the language curriculum offered at All Saints’ Academy.
Languages have become an increasingly popular subject in the Academy and we currently provide Spanish and French along with Latin via our strong involvement with the Cheltenham Education Partnership.
Our second Good Ofsted judgement reported:
• All Saints’ Academy is an inclusive school.
• Leaders and directors have been successful in improving pupils’ life chances by ensuring that they have achieved well in recent years.
• Staff hold fast to the school’s values and ethos, which unite them in their drive to improve standards.
• There is a clear determination to support pupils and their families to overcome barriers.
Sponsored by the Anglican Diocese of Gloucester, we are an Academy serving at the heart of our local community. All Saints’ Academy has a Life Vision, ‘Where every member of our extended family realise their God-given potential, inspired by John 10:10. Jesus said 'I have come so you may have life in all its fullness'.
We are an inclusive Church Academy who welcomes applications from all denominations and those of none.
What we offer:
- The Academy is in an attractive new building, within easy access to Cheltenham, Tewkesbury and the M5 with onsite catering facilities
- Entry into the Teachers’ Pension scheme
- Free access to the onsite gym facility
- Access to our Employee Assistance Scheme
- Free onsite parking
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be subject to enhanced DBS clearance.
To apply for this role please send a covering letter and a completed Teaching Staff Application Form to Katie Jordan, HR Manager at email@example.com
Interviews may be held remotely depending on government guidelines at the time of interview. Full details will be emailed to the shortlisted candidates.
All Saints’ Academy is committed to ensure that all applicants and employees are given equal opportunities and that no applicants or employees are discriminated against on the basis of gender, gender reassignment, race, disability, pregnancy or maternity, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, age or religion and belief.
All Saints' Academy Cheltenham
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years
All Saints’ Academy Cheltenham is a mainstream secondary state school with sixth-form, catering for pupils aged 11-19. The school opened in September 2011 and is a Church of England academy for the whole community, welcoming children of all faiths an...