Head of Department - Physics
Dr Challoner's High School
Little Chalfont, Buckinghamshire
- Job type:
- Full Time, Permanent
- Start date:
- January 2018
- Apply by:
- 13 November 2017
Head of Physics
Dr Challoner's High School is a leading selective state grammar school for girls, with a strong academic tradition and an ambitious outlook for the future. The school has a broad vision for education and is characterised by a highly purposeful pursuit of personal bests with a keen sense of fun bubbling under the surface. Challoner’s girls are articulate, courteous, sparky, hard-working and achieve highly in all areas. The school was graded Outstanding by Ofsted in 2012 and gained the Exceptional Schools Award in 2014.
We are seeking a very well-qualified, experienced and inspirational teacher to lead the Physics Department across the school and join our outstanding Science Faculty. Sciences at A level are extremely popular and many students go on to study science based degree courses, Physics is a successful, popular and highly-regarded subject at Challoner’s and will be a very rewarding subject to lead and develop further.
Within the Science Faculty you will experience:
- Exceptional students who consistently attain outstanding results and make teaching an absolute pleasure
- Excellent facilities, including interactive whiteboards and other IT resources
- A supportive and highly capable and committed teaching team
- Excellent opportunities for professional development, including a proactive and highly regarded CPD programme, supporting the development of middle leaders across the school
- London Fringe allowance
- The A level sciences are incredibly popular choices with the girls.Subsidised gym membership; staff discounts at local shops and restaurants in Little Chalfont
- The best advert however for working at Dr Challoner’s High School will always be our hugely rewarding students
Responsible to Head of Faculty (Science)
Salary / Allowances applicable TLR 2.2 (currently £4,399 pa)
Start Date January / Easter or June 2018
Application Deadline 13th November 2017
Interview Date 15th November 2017
An information pack is available from the Vacancies section of the school website or from email@example.com
Informal visits to the school are welcome
We welcome applications from all sections of the community and those interested in job-sharing.
Dr Challoner’s High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Please refer to our website where you can view our Child Protection and Safeguarding, Recruitment and Equalities
Policies; all of our polices are available at www.challonershigh.com
The successful applicant will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.
About Dr Challoner's High School
- Dr Challoner's High School
- Cokes Lane, Little Chalfont, Amersham
- HP7 9QB
- United Kingdom
We are a selective girls’ grammar school and have a tradition of excellence that will never change but we are also passionate about breadth of aspiration and opportunity. At the heart of our inspirational school we strive to free girls to be themselves. We pride ourselves on our sense of community spirit and a school where all can be confident and courageous. www.challonershigh.com
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes' Fair Recruitment Policy.