Head of Design and Technology
Welland Park Academy
- Quick apply
- MPS +
- Job type:
- Full Time, Permanent
- Start date:
- September 2018
- Apply by:
- 5 February 2018
Welland Park Academy is a vibrant and ambitious Community Academy in Market Harborough, South Leicestershire (listed in the Times Top 50 Best Places To Live in the UK 2016) and we are passionate about the aspirations and achievements of both our students and staff.
We have recently undergone a change in our age range and are now accepting students aged 11-16 (previously 11-14), similarly to many schools in this area. This is an exciting time for the Academy and has afforded a period of growth and expansion to both our premises and staffing levels.
This post is a new post and the Governors are seeking an inspiring and dynamic individual to teach Design.
The successful candidate will:
• Have excellent subject knowledge for Design at KS3 and KS4
• Have a track record of achieving outstanding student attainment and progress
• Have a demonstrable passion for the subject and convey this in a classroom setting.
• Have a keen desire to work collaboratively with all colleagues to make a greater impact on student progress.
• Be ambitious for all students to secure outstanding progress in Design
Welland Park will provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to:
• Join a school with a clear vision to deliver world class standards of education to our community.
• Play an integral role in the evolution of this developing 11 – 16 school.
• Work with well-established, cohesive, committed and supportive departments and Senior Leadership Team.
• Join a group of innovative and ambitious teachers with a comprehensive CPD provision.
• Work in a department where the majority of teachers have their own room, PC, whiteboard and storage space.
Closing date for applications is 12 noon Monday 5th February 2018
Start date is August 2018
Interviews will be held Thursday 8th February 2018
About Welland Park Academy
- Welland Park Academy
- Welland Park Road, Market Harborough
- LE16 9DR
- United Kingdom
Welland Park Academy is a good 11-16 school in Market Harborough. We provide outstanding education for over 900 students aged 11 – 16 and wider learning opportunities for adults and young people through our Community College programme.
‘Pupils are confident, resilient learners who are not afraid to make mistakes.' Ofsted 2019
We are delighted to have received an award of ‘good’ from Ofsted in 2019; this is a result of continued hard work from highly dedicated students, staff and governors. Additionally, a number of national awards reflect our determination and ambition as a school including:
• British Dyslexia Association Kitemark
• Arts Mark
• Career Mark
• Anti-Bullying Award 2016
• International Schools Award 2015-2018
We have high expectations of all members of our school community; we set high standards for achievement, behaviour and attitudes in a positive, safe and caring environment. All students follow a challenging curriculum in preparation for GCSE’s with opportunities to learn 2 out of 3 different modern foreign languages for students who excel in that area. There is additional support for less able students through a targeted withdrawal programme and extra provision within the classroom. Our technology status lends itself to a rich curriculum where academic attainment is high and students develop a spectrum of skills to equip them for a changing future.
Our students enjoy an extensive array of extra – curricular activities and curriculum enrichment particularly Sports, Music and Languages. Many students undertake the residential trips we offer both within the UK and abroad, they also use opportunities to develop their leadership through our Sports Leadership award and Peer Mentoring scheme.
The strength at WPA is the quality of relationships between all of our staff and youngsters. We share the aim of working to provide high quality lessons and activities to ensure our students embrace a positive approach to lifelong learning and achieve their potential. We work in partnership with all stakeholders to achieve the best for our students, please feel free to contact us and arrange a visit.
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes' Fair Recruitment Policy.