Head of Drama
King's College, The British School of Madrid
- Job type:
- Full Time, Permanent
- Start date:
- January 2018
- Apply by:
- 13 November 2017
King’s College, world-renowned for academic excellence, is seeking to appoint a dynamic, inspiring and ambitious professional to the position Head of Drama to commence in January 2018.
The College is part of King’s Group, which includes schools in Alicante, Murcia, Panama, Latvia and the UK as well as the three schools in Madrid. The College is also a long-standing member of HMC and COBIS and is inspected by ISI.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK and be fluent in English.
* Renowned as one of the world’s leading British International Schools
* 1,540 pupils aged from 20 months to 18 years
* Founded over 40 years ago
* A track record of sending high numbers of pupils to leading Russell Group and Ivy League universities
* Superb facilities including a brand new Science building and Sports Hall
* Consistently excellent SAT, IGCSE and A Level results
* Situated in a purpose built campus in a leafy suburb of Madrid, 20 minutes from the city centre and Barajas airport
* Member of HMC, COBIS, ISC, and BSA; Inspected by ISI
* Flagship school of the King's Group (Madrid, Murcia, Alicante, Panama and UK)
* A dynamic and pro-active teacher, preferably with independent sector or international experience
* Strong team player willing to support other colleagues
* Excellent working knowledge of the English National Curriculum and recent developments
* Fluency in written and spoken English
* Pastoral responsibility or experience would be an advantage
* Willingness to contribute to the wider life of the school
* Knowledge of Spanish, or willingness to learn Spanish would be an advantage
To find out more about this exciting opportunity to join the Academic Teaching team at a King's Group School in Spain please complete and send the application pack, available at http://vacancies.kingsgroup.org/?centre=Soto
The closing date for applications is 13th November
To find out more about King’s Group, visit http://kingsgroup.org/
King's Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be expected to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS process.
About King's College, The British School of Madrid
- King's College, The British School of Madrid
- Paseo de los Andes 35, Soto de Vinuelas
Our School is part of the Inspired Education Group
Inspired Education is the leading global group of premium schools, with over 80 premium private schools spanning six continents providing premium education to over 70,000 students ensuring they all receive a first-class learning experience from Kindergarten to Year 13.
We offer you the chance to work/live in an exciting new location, collaborate with passionate educators, develop your skills, and grow in a role that inspires you.
Please visit our careers site for further information and to see our latest opportunities - https://careers.inspirededu.com/
1. Local Area Information
The main site of the school is approximately twenty km from Madrid. Largely surrounded by countryside the school offers an excellent educational environment. By September nearly all teaching rooms will be equipped with interactive whiteboards and computers linked to the whole school wireless network.
Madrid itself offers a wide range of cultural, sporting and social opportunities. The range of world class art galleries, museums and architecture really do make it one of Europe’s great cities. To the north of Madrid are a number of mountain ranges offering wildlife, superb hiking and in winter, skiing. The nearest ski station to Madrid is forty five minutes away.
On the social front, Madrid has been described as the city that never sleeps. The Madrid culture is based around the café culture. It is not unusual for the city to have traffic jams at three in the morning. Whilst the culture is lively it is never threatening unlike some city centres you may come across in the UK. The city and its surrounds offers a really good quality of life for those willing to embrace the Spanish culture.
2. School details
King’s College has in excess of 1500 students and will, over the next three years expand to more than 2000. It is spread over three sites with the main site being situated about twenty km out of Madrid.
Results are excellent with a 93% GCSE pass rate and a 98% pass rate at A Level. The sixth form is one of the largest in Europe and students enter into, in the main, the Russell group of universities in the UK, the Ivy League in the USA and top universities in Spain. One of the great strengths of the school is the working environment. Classrooms have the usual interactive whiteboards etc but the relationship between teachers and students is very good. A strong work ethic means teachers really can concentrate on teaching, pastoral issues do arise but behaviour issues are very rare.
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes' Fair Recruitment Policy.