CLOSING DATE: Tuesday 23 April 2019 at 09.00am
START DATE: 1st September 2019
INTERVIEWS: Friday 26 April 2019
HOURS OF WORK: Full time
- Can you inspire young people through your own fascination with Economics?
- Do you possess high emotional intelligence that builds lasting professional relationships?
- Are you a team player ready to tackle the educational challenges of the future?
If the answers to these questions is ‘yes’, then Gildredge House wants to hear from you. We are looking to appoint an exceptional candidate to the post of Head of Economics for our expanding 4-19 free school.
Most importantly, you will have the knowledge and ability to inspire those who have an academic interest in Economics and the knowledge of appropriate A Level examination specifications to support this. However, we also need someone with leadership potential, who has the skills and enthusiasm to build the subject and the department into one of the outstanding aspects of the school.
Our ‘Good’ Ofsted judgement (November 2018) is a strong foundation on which to build and develop the school. The challenge is to sustain and further improve through every aspect of Gildredge House as it grows to full capacity in 2019.
Gildredge House is right for you if:
- You are interested in working at the leading edge of education;
- You are an imaginative and dynamic practitioner with a passion for teaching Economics;
- You have the capability of engaging and enthusing all students and you believe that everyone can succeed.
At Gildredge House each individual is known and valued. Students are inspired to discover their passions and realise their academic potential. You will join a strong team of inspirational teachers in an exciting environment where learning is fun.
Do you want to be part of a school where your contribution is valued and celebrated? Would you like to teach children with high aspirations who are keen to learn? Do you want to join a staff team that is diverse, collegiate and respected?
Gildredge House offers:
- continuity of education for boys and girls aged 4-19
- an expectation of high academic standards leading to Sixth Form studies
- smaller than average class sizes
- strong discipline
- excellent pastoral care
- an extended school day for older students
- supervised prep
- a range of extra-curricular activities
- parent and community involvement
Our school motto is ‘Aspire’ and to that end we follow the simple view that students who enjoy the subject will engage in it, grow in confidence and will have the opportunity to excel. If you feel that you can play a strong and supportive role, both through the curriculum and also the many extra-curricular activities we offer, please get in touch with us.
Salary range: ‘£23,719 rising to £39,406’. The post of Head of Economics currently attracts a further Leadership Allowance point 1 on the Gildredge House scale currently £2800 per annum.
If you are interested in the position please download the Application Pack on our website at http://www.gildredgehouse.org.uk/vacancies/
Please complete the Application for Employment and References & Monitoring Form and return to email@example.com by 9.00am on Tuesday 23 April 2019.
If you wish to discuss the post further or visit the school, please contact the Director of Sixth Form, Miss Jemma Graffham: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01323 400650.
Gildredge House is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All offers of employment with the school are subject to pre-employment checks which will include References, Health, Right to Work in UK, and a satisfactory Enhanced DBS with Children’s Barred List check.