Head of Economics
Are you a dynamic and motivated teacher of Business and Economics looking for a new opportunity? If you would you like to join a school community which values the development of its teachers and invests heavily in CPD, this could be the role you’ve been looking for. We are looking for a teacher who is passionate about Economics to lead this popular subject within our outstanding Sixth Form.
- an open and collaborative community that trusts its teachers, equipping them with the skills and allowing them the freedom to act as valued professionals;
- a successful and growing faculty with strong cohorts at GCSE and A Level;
- outstanding facilities and resources;
- high quality inset days, Minimum 15% non-contact time, bespoke 3 year induction programme for new teachers & leadership development programmes;
- a range of personal benefits, including Cycle to Work Scheme, on site leisure centre and an active staff social committee;
- rigid procedures for managing behaviour;
- an Ofsted outstanding School that believes ‘better never stops’
For further insight into the Business & Economics Department and Kennet School please view the attachments below labelled:
‘A letter from our Headteacher’ (What We Believe)
‘Letter to Applicants’ (Staff Benefits)
‘A Letter from the Head of Business’
We would like you to be:
- able to teach Business Studies and Economics up to KS5;
- creative, forward thinking attitude & unapologetically passionate about your subject;
- committed to working collaboratively as part of a team and across the school;
- willing to think creatively and take risks in the classroom;
- hard-working with excellent organisational skills.
How to Apply
• Click the ‘Quick Apply’ button below to complete the application form.
The school’s successes are well documented, but we believe that it is most impressive when seen in action. We welcome enquiries and visits prior to application, so please get in touch with Chris Ellison, Deputy Headteacher for more information (email@example.com).
Deadline for applications is 9am, Monday, 24 April 2019 and candidates selected for interview will be informed by telephone soon after. Interview date: 26 April 2019.
Kennet School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment, including being subject to a full DBS check.