Head of English From January 2018
MPS (£22,467 - £38,250) + TLR 1B (£11,136)
This is an exceptional opportunity as we look for someone to take on this important role at this incredibly exciting time in the school’s history. The governors of this highly successful and oversubscribed 11-16 Voluntary Aided RC High School are seeking to appoint a qualified and enthusiastic Head of English. The successful applicant would join a strong middle leadership team dedicated to developing highly effective teachers and achieve life changing outcomes for our young people.
We are looking for a dynamic, creative individual with ambition and drive, who is passionate about improving the lives of young people. You will be given the opportunity to be at the forefront of a fast paced life-transforming team.
As a Catholic Christian community, we offer a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to engage with wonderful students who have high expectations for themselves and espouse a culture of hard work coupled with a zest for learning (Ofsted 2015). The successful applicant would join a high achieving and popular department with experienced and highly effective teachers.
We are very ambitious in our aim to transform the lives of young people and create outstanding life chances through educational achievement. We are looking for an innovative, outstanding teacher to inspire students of all ages and abilities.
The successful candidate will:
• Be willing to actively support the Catholic Christian ethos of our school
• Have a passion for English and have the potential to inspire students and colleagues with a wide range of teaching and learning strategies
• Have a high level of assessment, monitoring, tracking and intervention skills
• Be an outstanding classroom practitioner
• Have the resilience to work as a team to mend broken lives, fan the flames of enthusiasm and further inspire those who are already excited about a bright future
• The drive to prepare young people to be ‘game changers’ in the world.
Do you have what it takes to realise our dream? Be part of our life transforming team! The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Application packs and further details can be obtained by emailing Mrs Sheenagh Currass – Head’s PA at firstname.lastname@example.org. or downloaded from the school website, Greater Jobs or TES online.
Applications to be received by:17th September 2017 Noon
Shortlisting and Interviews To Be Confirmed