Are you a dedicated, enthusiastic and highly motivated teacher of English? If so, we would like to meet you.
London Enterprise Academy is a Free School at the heart of London’s vibrant East End. The Academy opened in September 2014 with year 7’s only, in a former glass office block, which has been fully renovated to a high standard. The Academy will grow to six hundred students aged 11-16 when fully operational and will provide a stimulating education and personalised curriculum within a supportive environment. All of our students will be encouraged to stretch themselves to achieve their potential.
At the heart of our vision is to create a truly outstanding free school delivering the very best educational opportunities, nurture academic excellence and enhance ambition in all its pupils. We aim to inspire the next generation of professionals and entrepreneurs from diverse backgrounds.
Required from Easter or September 2019, the successful candidate will be a creative individual, excited by the challenge of working in English. He or she will be a problem solver, looking for opportunities to craft engaging explorations and discoveries from any aspect of school life. We are looking for an outstanding teacher who has had experience of teaching English within the secondary setting. This post would equally suit either an experienced practitioner wanting a new challenge or a teacher wanting to make their first step into middle management wishing to work with a group of dynamic teachers in a small department in a small school.
We are looking for an outstanding teacher who has had experience of teaching English within the secondary setting. This post would equally suit either an experienced practitioner wanting a new challenge or a teacher wanting to make their first step into middle management wishing to work with a group of dynamic teachers in a small department in a small school.
The successful candidate for the Head of faculty will:
* Hold DfE Qualified Teacher Status, an undergraduate degree and preferably a postgraduate degree
* Be an outstanding practitioner who inspires pupils and have experience of teaching in successful inner city school
* Have a track record of successful learning and teaching and delivering results
* Have the ability to draw upon their professional background to demonstrate their ability to successfully teach up to GCSE
* Be creative in delivering a rigorous, academic curriculum
* Believe that every child can and will succeed
* Be flexible, collaborative and resilient
* Contribute to the whole life of the school through our extensive enrichment programme.
* Have the highest ambitions for your pupils, the department, the school and yourself
We will offer you:
• A unique opportunity to help build the school and the faculty
• A happy and supportive working environment with high expectations and standards
• An opportunity to pioneer an exciting academic curriculum
• A network of outstanding practitioners to collaborate with and learn from
• Extensive CPD
• Leadership and management opportunities as the school grows
Potential candidates are encouraged to call Maureen Haylett (Business Manager) with any questions on 02074260746 or email email@example.com
More details can be found at www.londonenterpriseacademy.org
Closing date for applications: 23rd January 2019
Interviews will be held during week commencing 28th January 2019
London Enterprise Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment will be subject to a successful enhanced DBS clearance.