Looking for a new challenge?
Join us at the start of a unique journey!
Grove Academy is an exciting new school which opened in September 2017 providing seamless high quality education for 4 to 18 year olds. The school will grow each year to a full capacity of 1,940 including 6th form.
We are looking for an experienced teacher to join us as English lead for the secondary phase, who can communicate their passion for English and inspire our pupils to be the best they can be.
The successful candidate will be someone who can work alongside other staff to deliver an innovative curriculum. We are developing a Project Based Learning curriculum which is launched via ‘big questions’ to enable pupils, to place their learning within a real life context with concrete experiences. The effective teaching of English and development of oracy is central to this. You will also have the opportunity to work closely with primary colleagues to develop a whole school approach to English.
We are looking for a leader of English who:
- is an innovative and passionate practitioner with high standards who leads by example
- is able to inspire, lead, develop and support effective teaching and learning practice for all pupils
- can monitor and analyse the performance of pupils and plan effectively for progress
What can we offer you?
- We want Grove Academy to be a great place to work, a place where you will feel valued for your hard work.
- A chance to blur the lines and learn from the best practices in primary and secondary phases and enable you to develop your expertise and interests across all phases.
- As the school grows so will the leadership pathways available to suitable candidates because our philosophy is to ‘grow our own’ where possible.
Do you see this as a fantastic opportunity to help us create a fabulous curriculum? If so …. Grove Academy is the place for you!
Closing date: 22nd March 2018
Interviews: Monday 26th March 2018
To discuss the post further, please contact Ms Andrea Fricker, Principal, on 01753 517359 or email email@example.com Andrea is happy to call you over the weekend or in the evening so leave your number for her to ring you.
For more information go to www.groveacademy.co.uk
CVs are not accepted so please complete an application form and return via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Grove Academy, Wellington Street, Slough, SL1 1YG.
Please don’t leave it to the last moment as we will review applications as soon they arrive.
Your next job is important and we want to make sure that you have all of your questions answered before you apply. We want you to be as passionate about the Grove vision as we are.
Grove Academy is the second school in the SASH Education Trust, which was set up by the Slough Association of Secondary Headteachers (SASH) as a vehicle for providing different choices for Slough families. As a result Grove has a unique, expert backing of professional colleagues and the support of our fellow trust school.
Grove Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will require an enhanced DBS check.
Grove Academy is part of the SASH Education Trust, which is a charitable company limited by guarantee. Company No 07956692. Registered in England and Wales. Registered Offices: Ditton Park Academy, Kings Reach, Slough, SL3 7UX