We are keen to appoint a well qualified, dynamic and inspirational Head of English to lead a strong faculty with an established record of success at both GCSE and A Level.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and be an outstanding teacher. The ability to inspire our highly able students is essential.
The English Department is well resourced and supported, both in terms of teaching spaces and materials. The team itself boasts 14 talented subject specialists who operate in a friendly, cohesive and mutually supportive environment and have firmly established themselves as one of the most successful in the borough.
There is no doubt that Alderbrook is acknowledged, both locally and nationally, as a high-performing school. Last year, the SSAT recognised Alderbrook as being in the top 10% of schools nationally for Value Added Progress.
Surprisingly however, we pride ourselves in being about so much more than outstanding results. We are a community in every sense of the word.
We are looking for a colleague who:
• is passionate about developing independent, confident learners
• is committed to inclusive education
• can sustain high quality teaching and learning
• demonstrates energy, creativity and commitment
• is willing to actively contribute to all aspects of school life
We are proud to offer:
• interesting, engaging, enthusiastic students who want to learn
• a supportive and inclusive staff and governing body
• a hugely successful, ambitious school - determined to build on the standards we currently achieve
• consistently high GCSE results
• a proven track record in - and full commitment to - the professional development of colleagues
• a well-resourced school with extensive grounds
• a long established record of low staff turnover - our staff love our school!
If you would like to join us, application packs can be downloaded from our website. As part of your application, please share your philosophy of education and where you see the place of English in a successful school’s curriculum.
Applications are also available from Mrs Anna Whittington at the school, by email or phone.
Tel: 0121 704 2146 x7503
Closing date: 9am Monday 26 February 2018
We can’t wait to hear from you!
The school is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of young people. Any successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS.