Head of Estates
From April 2018 we are looking to appoint an outstanding individual as Head of Estates to deliver a high quality estate management and facilities service for our Schools.
This is a challenging and rewarding role with responsibility for all areas of our large, complex 45 acre estate. The Head of Estates will lead and manage the estates and facilities team of 30 staff to ensure that buildings and facilities are safe, secure and fit for purpose and will ensure that services are offered to the highest standard and run smoothly, efficiently and economically in a way which meets all regulatory requirements.
The position reports directly to the Bursar and will help shape the future of our estate by continually seeking improvements. The successful applicant will be passionate about estate management and committed to the values of The Bury Grammar Schools, with the ability to inspire, motivate and empower his/her team. As Head of Estates you will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be dynamic and innovative in your approach to delivering services.
Key areas of responsibility include:
• Contributing to, and fulfilling the schools estate strategy;
• Maintenance of grounds and buildings;
• Provision of utilities and estate services;
• Health & Safety, fire safety and security of the estate ;
The successful candidate will have the relevant experience, knowledge and technical competence to perform the role and a degree or equivalent professional qualification in Engineering, Building, Facilities Management or Surveying and membership of one of the following: RICS, ICE, ILAM, CIOB, BIFM or equivalent.
The salary for the post is up to £42,000 per annum dependent on experience. The position is a full time role and the hours of work are 40 hours per week Monday to Friday 8am – 5pm.
• All individuals who join Bury Grammar Schools will automatically become members of our Pension Scheme unless they decide to opt out of the Scheme. The employee contribution will be a contribution of 5% which is matched by Bury Grammar School.
• Fee remission will be offered for children to attend Bury Grammar Schools from reception onwards; children of staff must meet the academic requirements of the School.
• Childcare voucher scheme
• Free use of after school club for children who are pupils at the Schools between set times.
• Daily lunch allowance at the School canteen.
• Free parking on-site
• Training and Development Opportunities will be offered.
• Holidays 27 days plus 8 statutory days