Applications are invited for the following, which is advertised on a permanent basis Head of Expressive Arts commencing September 1st 2021
Salary: main scale - UPS (dependent on experience) and TLR 1D (£14029)
Contract: Full time, Permanent
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, talented and experienced practitioner to join our school.
The Head of Expressive Arts will oversee Drama and Music, incorporating the disciplines of both subjects to work collaboratively. The incumbent will develop performance material for annual whole school drama and music productions.
The successful applicant will be a drama specialist with experience of teaching across all key stages. An energetic visionary who is able to further promote the expressive art department as a KS5 option. There may be an opportunity to develop Trust wide projects.
The successful applicant will have the following qualities:
- a passion for teaching drama and an understanding on how the subject can impact on the personal development of young people.
- have an unshakeable belief that all children deserve an excellent school and you want to be part of making Mulberry Academy Shoreditch outstanding;
- inspirational practitioner with the ability to enthuse students to learn.
- excellent team leadership; and
- you have been successful as a teacher and made a contribution to raising standards.
- experience of leading a department
- evidence of whole school drama and music productions
- working collaboratively with outside arts organisations/ theatre companies
If you wish to apply for the above position, please refer to the attached job description and the required skills and experience within it.
Full details of this post are available at http://www.mulberryacademyshoreditch.org/vacancies/
Your completed application form should reach the HR Team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org by 8am on 17th May 2021. You are advised to ensure your completed application form addresses the person specification criteria. We regret that CVs or expressions of interest will not be accepted. Interviews will be on a date to be confirmed.
We reserve the right to close posts at any time, once we have received sufficient applications.
Mulberry Academy Shoreditch is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Barring Service check.
Mulberry Academy Shoreditch
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years
We are delighted to welcome you to Mulberry Academy Shoreditch.
We are looking for outstanding individuals to join our motivated and enthusiastic staff team. Mulberry Academy Shoreditch (MAS) is an outstanding education provider, with a proven...