Due to the retirement of the existing post holder, the Governors are seeking to appoint a well qualified, energetic, enthusiastic and inspirational leader, with a real passion for English to lead the faculty and deliver high quality lessons that develop a love of the subject. The successful candidate will be a leader who is passionate about all aspects of the English language and literature with a drive to make a difference and maintain the high standards in English.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an outstanding practitioner
- Have a proven track record of success
- Have the ability to develop a love of English in order to maintain high standards
- Have an in depth knowledge of the new English curriculum
Worden is a comprehensive Converter Academy that has a proven track record of sustained improvement and growth. In February 2016 the school underwent a successful one day short inspection which highlighted the fact that Pupils leave the school with brighter prospects due to a passionate and driven leadership team working alongside teachers who care and meticulously plan for each unique cohort.
Worden is committed to promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will need to undertake an enhanced CRB disclosure and appointment will be subject to receipt of suitable references, qualifications and identity checks.
Closing date: Noon Friday 23rd February 2018
Interviews: w/c 5th March 2018
More Information can be found at www.academyatworden.co.uk Application forms and covering letter can be emailed to the Business Manager; Mark Reed firstname.lastname@example.org
- Degree in a relevant subject.
- PGCE or equivalent.
- Qualified teacher status or ability to work in secondary schools under the Wolf review recommendations (QTLS).
- Recent Inset in subject related issues.
- An effective teacher with a proven track record of raising attainment with experience in teaching all ability groups.
- Ability to share their experience to sustain a curriculum which is sensitive to the needs of all children.
- Involvement in departmental development and improvement.
For an informal discussion please contact: Headteacher - Mr C Catherall.