This is a fantastic opportunity for a dynamic, innovative and inspirational Head of Humanitites.
Leventhorpe is a successful, oversubscribed Business and Enterprise Academy with keen and respectful learners. It was rated “Outstanding in all 5 categories” by Ofsted in 2012. In June 2012, we were awarded National Support School status and we are also an accredited Teaching School Alliance, currently a partner in the Alban Teaching School Alliance. Leventhorpe is also the lead school for School Centres Initial Teacher Training within the Bishop’s Stortford Educational Trust (BSET).
Humanities is our largest faculty comprising of Geography, History, RS, Citizenship, and Government and Politics. The successful candidate will therefore have strong leadership skills and be full of energy and enthusiasm for their subject. The successful candidate will also be an enthusiastic and talented teacher and leader of Humanities who will be fully committed to academic excellence and the vision to ensure that all students achieve their full potential. Our new Head of Faculty must be able to lead and inspire staff and students alike. Infectious enthusiasm, an engaging personality, a creative approach to the delivery of the curriculum area and attention to detail are essential.
The successful candidate will:
- have a passion for teaching and learning;
- be an innovative and strategic thinker with vision and ideas;
- be an excellent practitioner;
- lead by example and act as a strong role model;
- have a positive, can-do attitude with staff and students;
- be able to demonstrate exceptional leadership and management skills;
- have a proven track record of achieving outstanding student attainment through own practice and by leading other staff;
- be an effective team player and value every aspect of the life of the school;
- have effective interpersonal skills with the ability to inspire students and staff;
- be an active learner, who constantly strives to improve, with the desire to progress.
In return, Leventhorpe can provide:
- excellent facilities. In recent years, Leventhorpe has experienced an intensive capital build programme, including most recently a £6 million new sports complex (sports hall, fitness suite, dance studio, all-weather pitch and floodlit tennis courts), £1 million Learning Resource Centre, re-modelling of Design & Technology facilities, and £150k annual investment in ICT provision. To accommodate our expanding roll, a further £7M investment is planned to include a new state-of-the-art performing arts block alongside a brand-new science and sixth form block;
- a positive working environment in a heavily oversubscribed school with an excellent academic record and high standards. We place strong emphasis on student learning and achievement;
- exceptionally dedicated colleagues and enthusiastic students;
- first rate personal career development with high local and regional profile through our National Support School status and Teaching School work;
- subsidised Nuffield fitness gym membership;
- priority admission for children of staff after a qualifying period.
This is an exceptional opportunity to fill a key role in a forward-thinking and dynamic school.
Please apply by letter and application form which can be found on our website. Applications should be sent to Mrs Wendy Shannon, HR Manager either by post or by email to email@example.com
Closing date: 12 noon, Tuesday 23rd January 2018.
Interview date: Wednesday 31st January 2018.
We welcome informal visits by potential applicants.
Leventhorpe is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A DBS disclosure is required for all successful applicants.