PolyMAT is a Multi-Academy Trust that currently comprises of two schools with a third under negotiation. This is a small but expanding MAT and we are looking for a Head of Finance that can grow with us. The vision is ‘success for everyone’ and we are looking for staff that can bring this vision to reality. Woolwich Polytechnic School for Boys is a highly successful all-inclusive boys’ school with a co-educational offer at Post 16. Our second school is Woolwich Polytechnic School for Girls and this recent addition opened its doors for the first time in September 2019. The schools pride themselves on a culture of high standards from staff and pupils. They are demanding yet rewarding schools where students and staff feel valued and supported.
The successful candidate will be responsible to the Director of Business for the school’s financial and accounting service as well as providing support to the strategic development of the Trust. Applicants should have a suitable finance qualification (AAT, ACCA, CIMA etc.) This position would suit a current school finance officer that is seeking wider opportunities.
We are looking for an experienced Head of Finance who will preferably have experience of working in the Education sector. Additionally, you will have significant experience of working at a senior level and providing robust financial plans and advice to Board level.
Specifically, we are looking for an individual that can:
• Keep the accounts of the Trust and prepare annual Statements of Financial Activity (SOFA) and Balance Sheets in accordance with the Statement of Recommended Practice (SORP).
• Safeguard the Trust’s assets and ensure the overall business viability of the Trust over the long term.
• Ensure the Board of Trustees are fully informed of the Trust’s and individual school’s finances on a regular basis
• Be responsible for the day-to-day running of the finance department
Applicants must be highly organised and have a good standard of literacy and numeracy. We are keen to recruit someone who is confident, supportive and possesses excellent interpersonal skills.
The successful candidate should have a professional appearance, attitude and will be able to deal with staff, students and parents with confidence. They should also have strong interpersonal skills, be confident in their approach and demonstrate high levels of attention to detail.
As a member of staff at PolyMAT, we can offer you:
• Opportunities for career progression
• A competitive salary
• Excellent professional development
• A contributory pension scheme
• An employee assistance programme
• Childcare vouchers
• Season ticket loans
• Finders fees for personal introductions of staff that we employ
• Excellent catering facilities
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, including the need for the successful candidate to undertake a disclosure and barring check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
The Trust is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Details of the role and the application form are available on the schools’ websites.
The closing date for applications is Monday 14 October 2019.
Interviews will be scheduled for the following week.