The TCES Group of Schools is a leading and highly successful provider (within the Independent Non-Maintained Sector) of education in London and the South East for children and young people with SEMH or ASC needs. With one of our schools rated by Ofsted as ‘Outstanding’, we offer a specialist curriculum designed to meet the educational, therapeutic and emotional needs of pupils with highly complex and often co-morbid needs.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our central services team based in south Wimbledon for a Head of Finance post.
We are an expanding private company, a Social Enterprise with an innovative approach to re-engaging pupils who have found themselves unable to thrive in mainstream and specialist settings.
We are seeking to appoint an ambitious Head of Finance, the successful candidate will be comfortable with maintaining day-to-day financial controls and processes. They will in addition recommend and implement change, and will have a strong desire to improve the flow and understanding of financial information to support us on our journey to sustained excellence and best practice.
Key requirements for the posts are:
- An experienced, fully qualified accountant who will help to transform the company’s financial systems processes and reporting.
- Strong technical, communications and problem-solving skills are key to this role along with an ability to manage a team of 3.
- Demonstrable experience of working in an education environment is desirable.
- A strong service-driven customer focus is essential to this role, along with a positive, problem solving approach.
- Willingness to travel across sites for monthly business and finance meetings.
- Competitive terms & conditions according to qualifications and experience including 25 days annual leave (plus public holidays).
- A company Pension scheme, cycle-to work-scheme and Employee Assistance Program (this list is not exhaustive)
- A full CPD program including opportunities to undertake professional qualifications.
For an informal telephone discussion prior to application please call the HR department on 020 8543 7878.
Please apply by completing the application and equal opportunities forms on our website: www.tces.org.uk/vacancy or request an application form by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of applications: Wednesday 7th March 2018
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview: TBC
The TCES Group of Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects all staff to share this commitment. The appointment is subject to satisfactory completion of the safeguarding vetting process including an enhanced DBS disclosure.
The TCES Group of Schools is an equal opportunity employer