‘THE SUNDAY TIMES SCHOOL OF THE YEAR 2017’
Enjoy teaching at DARTFORD GRAMMAR SCHOOL
Roll: 1485 (625 in the sixth form) (Boys 11-18, Girls 16-18)
HEAD OF GEOGRAPHY
Required for September 2018
MPS/UPS + TLR 2b + LFA
An enthusiastic and committed teacher to lead a highly popular department in a school offering excellence within the state sector. The school has many new state of the art facilities and one of the largest school sixth forms in the country.
The post offers exceptional opportunities to an outstanding teacher seeking additional responsibilities or an experienced Head of Geography looking for significant amounts of Sixth Form teaching. The ability to teach across all Key Stages is essential. A willingness to be an active participant in the extra-curricular life of the school is essential.
Dartford Grammar School is one of the highest performing schools nationally at Key Stage 4 and Key Stage 5, with excellent facilities, designated as ‘outstandingly successful’ in successive national and international inspections.
We are keen to hear from you if you are:
• an excellent classroom practitioner
• committed to raising achievement and transforming learning
• well-organised, proactive and able to work effectively as part of a team
• well-motivated and conscientious.
We can offer you:
• the opportunity to inspire highly able and well-motivated students to fulfil and exceed their potential
• a dynamic and supportive working environment
• a well-established Induction Programme
• opportunities for professional development
Please return a completed application form, to the Headmaster, Mr W J Oakes, Dartford Grammar School, West Hill, Dartford, Kent DA1 2HW.
(The school may interview early in the case of an exceptional candidate)
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.