Do you want to be part of a team that will help children to do the seemingly impossible?
We are looking for a Head of Geography. The right candidate will be totally aligned to our values of hard work, trust and fairness and completely committed to our mission: the school will get students to attend the best university, or real alternative, succeed in their dream job and thrive in all aspects of their life.
Tanfield School is a growing school with year 7, 8 and 9 being over-subscribed for the academic year starting in September 2019. We are creating a culture of success through the operation of strict routines and protocols, an unwavering focus on results and by offering the very best teaching and support. If you want to work in an environment where you will really make a difference, Tanfield is for you.
What we offer:
• Supported by the Senior Leadership Team and Governors.
• Access to professional learning and support.
• Strong positive school ethos encompassing hard work, trust and fairness
• Fully funded NPQML qualification if applicable, demonstrating our commitment to investing in you.
Why choose us:
• Culture of high expectations
• Focus on feedback NOT marking
• Weekly coaching
• Visible SLT
• Centralised detentions
• Visit our website www.tanfieldschool.co.uk
• Call the school on 01207 232881 and speak to Steven Clough, Headteacher, to discuss the role further. Visits are warmly welcomed.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will need to undertake a DBS enhanced clearance for the school.
An Application Pack (including Job Description and Person Specification) is available to download from www.tanfieldschool.co.uk. CVs will not be accepted.
Completed application forms are to be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 23 October at 9am
Interviews will take place: Thursday 24 October
Tanfield School is committed to safeguarding children and the appointment will be subject to receipt of an Enhanced DBS clearance, safer recruitment procedures, satisfactory references and completion of a six-month probationary period.
Durham County Council is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We want to develop a more diverse workforce and we positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Applicants with disabilities will be invited for interview if the essential job criteria are met.