Aylward Academy is first and foremost an inclusive 11-19 community school and proud to serve the communities around Enfield. Over the last 3 years our school has been transformed and we start September 2017 looking to continued success.
The academy is committed to exacting high standards and developing outstanding learning with staff and students. Students’ success lies at the heart of everything we do. Aylward is a warm and welcoming academy where genuinely every person matters. Seeing the potential in every young person and encouraging exceptional progress is at the centre of our approach. Recognising and developing students’ personal strengths and skills is very important to us – the quality of our support and care is extremely high and as a strongly inclusive school it is our belief that aspiration is for all.
We are a successful department and we can offer:
- Partnership with a lead teacher – for weekly mentor meetings with NQT’s and peer coaching with more experienced staff adapting to joining Aylward Academy..
- ‘Opportunities to apply for SLT internship programmes designed to give you further whole school leadership experience.
- Our students are our priority in humanities; this is shown through having a tailored enrichment programme, wide ranging revision and support programmes including paid Saturday and Holiday revision sessions which we volunteer for.
- The CPD at Aylward is excellent, there is a wide range of personalised opportunities to develop your practice and further develop your career. As a team we support and challenge each other through meetings, peer observation, mentoring and team planning.
- Opportunities to join a career development programme in line with your professional development – ie Ambition School Leadership.
- An opportunity to further develop exciting partnerships
- As a team we pride ourselves on our team spirit, we regularly share good practice and collaboratively plan lessons.
We are looking for an outstanding practitioner to join the successful Humanities faculty. You would become part of an established and supportive team who have high standards of teaching and learning and high expectations for the students. There is a focus on sharing best practice and working together to ensure the best outcomes for all; students and staff. Geography is a popular subject and we currently have seven GCSE classes taking a three year course. There is scope to lead fieldwork activities and extensive CPD opportunities are available within the Academy.
You will be joining a dynamic team of committed teachers who are dedicated to providing the best possible opportunities to our students. We are a very successful Faculty because we put what is best for our students at the heart of our entire decision making which is why there has been steady progress in pupil attainment.
We actively welcome visits where you will meet Remo Iafrate (Principal) and our Science team. Please contact Georgia Georgiou (PA to the Principal at email@example.com
As the sponsor, AET believes that all young people deserve to become world-class learners – to learn, enjoy, succeed and thrive in a first rate educational environment with the best facilities, the best teaching and the most up-to-date resources available to them. In each of our academies, you will benefit from visionary, inspirational and dynamic leadership and be empowered to develop your own skills with access to world-class CPD and Talent Management programmes. You will also be entitled to the following benefits: a health cash plan, vehicle affinity scheme, childcare vouchers and Westfield rewards.
This position is required for January 2018.
Closing date: Tuesday 03 October 2017.
Interviews are scheduled to take place as soon as possible after the closing date.
Please note that we reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV's. To apply for this post please click apply on the TES advert.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website http://www.academiesenterprisetrust.org/our-teaching-school/our-school-direct-teacher-training-vacancies for further details.