Would you like to work with some of the highest achieving students in the country who are passionate about studying Geography?
The Tiffin Girls’ School is seeking an innovative and dynamic practitioner who is passionate about their subject, to lead its Geography department. This is an excellent opportunity to teach in a leading selective girls’ state school, where the girls are motivated, ambitious, articulate and fully engaged with the world around them. As a school, we recognise the importance of gaining a deeper understanding of different people, places and environments so that we may better understand the processes which shape our lives and how these may change over time.
Geography is taught as a separate subject throughout Key Stage 3 and is a popular choice at GCSE with over half the year group choosing it as an option. We also run two AS and two A level classes and consistently achieve high results.
We can offer you:
- the opportunity to join a team of committed and highly qualified teachers
- a stimulating and creative environment in a school where extra-curricular activities flourish and where teachers are encouraged to express and voice their ideas to generate a passion for their subject
- a CPD provision tailored to your needs focusing on areas of research and development
- a supportive environment where the work-life balance of teachers is proactively supported
- numerous other benefits (please see our attached information pack)
To be successful, you will need to:
- be extremely confident in teaching Geography to A level to high achieving students
- be an excellent role model and classroom practitioner, who is prepared to be innovative in their teaching
- have the experience to manage an extremely able team, or the ability to develop coaching, mentoring and leadership skills with our support
- provide opportunities outside of the classroom that inspire and engage
- have the ability to communicate effectively with staff, students and parents
The Tiffin Girls’ School is ideally situated just fifteen minutes’ walk from Kingston upon Thames town centre and mainline station (Zone 6). For further details about our school and the role, please visit www.tiffingirls.org
Please apply using the downloadable application form which is also available on our website, or contact the school office.
Closing date: Noon on Friday 16 March 2018
Interview date: Thursday 22 March 2018
The Tiffin Girls’ School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share and support this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to both a full employment history and child protection check, and will also be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring (criminal record) check.