Head of Geography.
Tes is currently supporting a friendly and supportive secondary academy, based in Putney, Wandsworth. The school is looking to add a Head of Geography to their progressive and supportive Humanities Department ideally starting in September 2021.
The role will include managing the delivery of Geography at KS3, GCSE and A-level across year groups 7 to 13. You will lead your department to enhance provision and will get the chance to lead on exciting project work throughout the year. Project work may include revising schemes of work and ensuring the curriculum is engaging to all learners alongside projects that support student attainment, well-being and engagement within the wider school. However, as Head of Department you will have full autonomy to ensure your department meets targets and exceeds needs of our learners. You will lead by example, supporting and empowering your department’s teachers, staff and pupils to achieve to the best of their ability.
“The academy opened in September 2012 as part of a highly successful network of schools in the London Borough of Wandsworth. The academy is a mixed school with 856 students, ranging from year 7 through to our successful sixth form. We are looking to appoint a Head of Geography to plan and deliver challenging and engaging lessons that instill a passion for learning. The Head of Geography will be expected to teach a high percentage of A-level Geography. There will also be the opportunity for the postholder to coach/mentor staff and work with other Heads of Geography across the network. The Geography department is part of the wider Humanities faculty."
The school is offering:
• A super supportive and highly visible SLT team and Headteacher;
• on-going CPD with programmes of study such as NPQSL and MA in Educational Leadership
• progression support throughout the school and wider group
• support package for NQT’s/RQT’s including CPD and NQT mentorship;
• the chance to take on further responsibility such as Leadership roles in the future.
The school expects:
• A UK teaching qualification such as PGCE/PGDE, SCITT, BEd or MEd with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• a relevant Geography Degree or a related subject
• experience of delivering Geography up to A-level pushing and engaging learners to progress within the subject
• experience managing a department: specifically people and departmental management
• a love and passion for education.
Please include REF: 1422474 in the email subject line.
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role. If you have an up to date CV on Tes.com you can apply with one easy click! Click ‘Quick Apply’ to apply for this role today!
To learn more about this role please email email@example.com for an information pack that includes the school's name, role specifics (JD/PS) and context. Please include REF: 1422474 in the email subject line.
Tes Schools Recruitment
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting and helping teachers at every stage of their career find their next job opportunity; and helping governors recruit the very best lead...