We are seeking to appoint an outstanding Head of History to join our successful Humanities team in this high-performing and inclusive 11-18 school with over 1100 students on roll and growing. This is an exciting opportunity to join this highly successful academy and lead school in the Cheshire Vale Teaching School Alliance where teamwork, leadership, and enthusiasm for learning are all notable strengths.
Rated as Outstanding by Ofsted: ‘The ethos and culture of the school develop both students and staff equally well and create an enthusiasm for learning.’ ‘The sixth form is outstanding. It is highly successful in helping students to move on to higher education, training or employment.’ ‘Leaders at all levels, managers and governors are relentless in their drive to bring about further improvement, particularly to the quality of teaching and students’ achievement.’
- Be an inspirational teacher of History with a track record of ensuring excellent results throughout the age and ability range
- Be highly organised, and passionate about ensuring excellence for all in teaching, learning and achievement
- Be aspirational about your own professional development and have excellent communication and motivational skills
- Be committed to providing the best possible opportunities for all our young people
We can offer you:
- Support and challenge from a high performing leadership team
- The scope to be creative and innovative in developing approaches to teaching, learning and the curriculum
You will find a school and Sixth Form that build strong partnerships between staff, students, parents and the wider community. We have a talented, hardworking staff, united in their belief that only the best is good enough for our young people. If you are approachable, able to inspire, challenge and develop colleagues, and want to share your vision, passion and energy through leading in this key role, then this may be the job for you!
Application forms and further details: Available to download from www.tarporleyhigh.co.uk
Closing date: Monday 26 February 2018
Interview date: Tuesday 6 March 2018
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory check supplied by the Disclosure and Barring Service. The check will include any cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions.
EARLY APPLICATIONS ARE ENCOURAGED