Head of History
(MPR/UPR plus TLR2b)
Required for September 2019 (or sooner), an inspirational, dynamic and highly ambitious Head of History to teach GCSE and A Level. We are looking for an outstanding classroom practitioner to lead this vibrant department on its own journey to Outstanding.
History is a dynamic and very popular option at GCSE and Advanced Level. History is studied by all students up to the end of Year 9, and then students make a choice of either History or Geography (or both) for GCSE.
Trinity High School strives for excellence for all and was judged as a Good school by Ofsted in October 2018.
- Popular high school with 250 students in each year group (years 9 - 11)
- Sixth Form of 220
- TEEP ambassador school
- PiXL Club School
By joining Trinity High School and sharing our vision, and you will have the advantage of:
- Joining a highly committed, professional and dedicated team of staff determined to provide Excellence for All
- Excellent support packages for new staff, including TEEP level 1 training for all new staff
- Outstanding opportunities for CPD and further study
- A well-resourced department, in a school which aspires to be the best
- An outstanding and thriving extra-curricular programme for all
- Great connections and relationships with Pyramid Schools – including first and middle school children visiting Trinity for taster lessons in a variety of subjects
- A commitment to international ‘Learning Outside the Classroom’ with annual trips to Auschwitz and the World War I Battlefields, as well as numerous more local visits such as National Arboretum and Globe Theatre
We pride ourselves on high staff morale, collegiality and a positive can do attitude. Informal enquiries are welcome.
Closing Date: Monday 10 December (12.00 noon)
Please note we are only able to accept applications from the TES website. Please follow application guidance provided.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.