Who are we looking for?
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding Head of Hose who is an enterprising, resilient and enthusiastic person with a real ‘can do’ attitude; someone who will inspire our boys and work collaboratively within our cooperatively led school.
There are four school houses at FBS; Brunel, Dickens, Liddell and Wilberforce, each with its own separate identify in the image of the whole school ethos. This role is integral to the daily workings of the school as pastoral leadership brings out the very best in boys through academic and behavioural support and challenge. The role will involve leading a house of 150 boys which will grow to 200 as the school increases capacity.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an outstanding, inspirational, pastoral leader with innovative thinking
- Be an outstanding classroom practitioner
- Be relentless about maintaining consistently high standards
- Have the ability to engage and motivate boys
- Have excellent discipline
- Have vision, enthusiasm, energy and dedication
- Have excellent communication skills and be highly organized
- Have the ability to support the leadership team in the daily running of the school
- Be determined and committed to creating a dynamic house ethos
- Be able to use data effectively to monitor and evaluate progress (both academic and pastoral)
- Support and lead boys and form teachers within the Christian Ethos of the school including leading house assemblies
- Develop the enterprise skills of the boys in their House
- Possess a real ‘can do’ attitude
- Have a commitment to support our enrichment programme by facilitating co-curricular sessions
- Be a true team player
What is the school like?
The Fulham Boys School is built upon the Christian Faith, geared towards boys and nurtures enterprise – personal, social and business.
We are a strict academic boys’ school that aims to equip our young men to apply for Oxbridge and Russell Group Universities.
We have a truly comprehensive intake which includes boys from very affluent backgrounds rubbing shoulders with boys from economically deprived backgrounds. All meeting the same high standards and learning from one another. Our vision is to be among the very best schools in this country – state or private – and we believe we are on course to achieve this in the next ten years. This is confirmed by our long waiting list of boys trying to get into FBS, the Department for Education, our Ofsted report in May 2017 and local community feedback.
‘The headteacher has created a school which aims to achieve academic and personal excellence for all’
‘Academic progress is strong, boys are on track to achieve well at GCSE’
‘Behaviour in lessons is exemplary…the behaviour of pupils is outstanding…Boys live and breathe good manners and courtesy’
‘Staff are very proud to work at the school and are fully committed to the aspirational ethos. They recognize the strong support from senior leaders in the development of their teaching and in recognition of their personal well-being’
‘Staff engage with ways to improve their practice, there is a culture of collaboration and staff are keen to receive feedback: ‘There is an extensive coaching programme and staff collaborate to share best practice.’
The Department for Education have said,
‘The boys love learning and speak highly of teaching’
‘Morale is high and the school is thriving’
While the Local Community observed,
‘The school has delivered on the big claims they made before the school opened’
Why apply to The Fulham Boys School?
- To play an integral role in a new school determined to be one of the best in this country – state or private - within the next ten years
- To work in a school that despite having no external exam results, and only four years old, is the first independent Free School under the new framework to be Judged as ‘Good’ by Ofsted with outstanding features
- We also have a strong CPD programme and believe in seeking out and providing opportunities to further staff
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to get an annual bonus
- A first class staff benefit package
- 18 extra days school holidays
- Free school lunches every day freshly prepared by our school chef
- Cycle to work scheme
- Great connections to all London tube-lines and overground routes
Please apply by filling in the school’s application form. If you would like to speak to our Deputy Headteacher, Simon Kellie, who line manages our Heads of House about the role then he would love to talk to you. You can call the school on 0207381 7100 or email email@example.com
Closing date for completed applications: 9am on Friday 18th January
FBS is committed to the protection and safety of our learners. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced criminal record check via the Disclosure and Barring Service prior to commencing the role.