“The school’s work to promote pupils’ personal development and welfare is outstanding” - OFSTED 2016
We are seeking to appoint a passionate and resilient Heads of House to join our popular and oversubscribed STEM specialist academy on a 1 year fixed-term contract with the possibility of transferring to permanent for the right candidate.
Proudly rated “Good” by Ofsted in all 4 categories in June 2016, The UCL Academy is a mixed 11-19 Academy in the heart of the London Borough of Camden. Priding ourselves on high academic aspirations, A-Level students in 2016 attained substantially above the national average for A*-B grades, and we expect GCSE outcomes to be well above the national average when the first cohort of pupils take their examinations in 2017; Our sponsor University College London provides a range of exciting academic opportunities and exposure to university life for pupils. We offer iconic state-of-the-art facilities and the opportunity to work with the latest innovations in classroom technology.
As the Head of House for one of five house teams, the successful candidate in this key non-teaching role will provide full professional leadership and management as well as supporting effective use of resources and high standards of learning and achievement for all students. You will also have pastoral responsibilities for all students within your house and act as a liaison with external services.
This is an exciting opportunity for a pastoral leader who can demonstrate experience of working in a similar role within a secondary school setting; you will have success in raising attainment and standards of teaching and learning. The ability to deal with issues and difficult situations assertively, utilising tact and diplomacy to sensitively diffuse emotionally charged situations is essential.
You can also visit www.uclacademy.co.uk for more information or why not watch our school video at: www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSafC5jHeDM
- State-of-the-art classroom technology – including Superstudios, subject specialism suites and demonstration theatres for interactive teaching talks by visiting academics from UCL
- Unlimited access to opportunities for self-development
- Intensive weekly Continuing Professional Learning – 50% of teachers are now enrolled in the coaching programme
- An exclusive partnership with UCL where teaching staff have access to unrivalled University libraries and resources
- Laptops & iPads for all staff members
- A generous health care plan, including reimbursement for optical, dental, physiotherapy and a range of other areas, 24/7 GP access, online healthcare literature, access to trained counsellors and discounted membership at over 2,000 gyms nationwide.
How to Apply
To apply please request an application pack from Faye Harrison at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can contact Faye on 0207 259 8770 for further information. Your application is a direct application to The UCL Academy, Hays is our recruitment partner and manages our permanent appointments.
Closing Date: 5pm on Monday 29th January 2018
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All appointments will be subject to receipt of satisfactory Enhanced DBS check, pre-employment checks and a probation period.
Please note that if you have not heard from the Academy within 2 weeks after the closing date, please assume you have been unsuccessful.
Faye Harrison c/o The UCL Academy
Adelaide Road, Camden London, NW3 3AQ
T: 020 7259 8770