Head of House (Maternity)
Contract: Full Time (Maternity)
Required for: January 2020
Are you passionate about improving pupil’s life chances through excellent pastoral provision? So are we. Our House system is central to Kennet life and the position of Head of House is amongst the most senior roles in our school. We are looking for an inspirational teacher and leader to join this team. We are initially offering this post on a maternity basis, but we will discuss the possibility of ongoing leadership opportunities with the successful candidate during interview.
- an open and collaborative community that trusts its leaders, equipping them with the skills and allowing them the freedom to act as valued professionals;
- the opportunity to lead the pastoral care and academic progress of a quarter of the school;
- an enthusiastic, effective and experienced pastoral team, including a Deputy Head of House to assist you in the role;
- research based inset training, bespoke induction programme and leadership development programmes;
- a range of personal benefits, including Cycle to Work Scheme, on site leisure centre and an active staff social committee;
- an Ofsted outstanding School that has unapologetically high expectations and believes that ‘better never stops’.
For further insight into Kennet School, please view the attachments below labelled:
‘Why teach at Kennet School?’
'Job Description Head of House’
We would like you to be:
- an experienced, driven and talented leader with a track record of achieving high standards and driving improvement;
- committed to working collaboratively as part of a team and contributing to the life of the whole school;
- hard-working, outcome focused with excellent organisational skills;
- adept at using data and technology to improve systems and drive improvement;
- willing to think creatively and respond to individual pupil needs;
- an excellent communicator who is confident and effective with parents, pupils and external agencies;
- an effective and skilled teacher with evidence of impressive outcomes.
How to Apply:
Click the ‘Quick Apply’ button below to complete the application form.
The school’s successes are well documented, but we all believe that it is most impressive when seen in action. We welcome enquires and visits prior to application, so please get in touch with Grace Rigg, Deputy Headteacher for more information (firstname.lastname@example.org ).
Deadline and Interview Dates
Deadline for applications is 9am, Monday, 21 October and candidates selected for interview will be informed by telephone soon after.
Interview date is Tuesday, 22 October.
Kennet school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment, including being to a full DBS check.