Newton Abbot College, Old Exeter Road, Newton Abbot, Devon, TQ12 2NF
11 – 19 Academy; Roll 1135 (158 in Sixth Form)
HEAD OF HOUSE (STUDENT SUPPORT)
1600 hours per annum. Term time plus the equivalent of 1 additional week
Imagine what’s possible…
This is an exciting opportunity for an inspirational and motivated individual to join a very dedicated and passionate team working pro-actively with students to enable them to access high quality learning successfully and maximise their potential.
Working in a busy environment, your strong service ethos and ability to cope with the varied demands will be fundamental to your success. You will ensure the delivery of high quality support and intervention, as appropriate, to our students.
The successful applicant will:
• have recent experience of working with young people, preferably in an educational setting
• foster and maintain positive relationships with students, colleagues and parents
• be committed to inclusion and have high expectations for themselves and their team
• be an effective organiser and manager with good interpersonal and team-working skills
• have a working knowledge of safeguarding and child protection issues
• multi-task and work flexibly, liaising with a wide range of external agencies
Sounds interesting? Then get in touch.
We, at Newton Abbot College (“Good” OFSTED May 2018) have exceptional expectations of our students and staff and we welcome applicants who share our commitment to place student learning at the centre of everything we do. Our induction programme is excellent and all staff are involved in an innovative CPD programme.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and expect all staff to share this commitment. If successful, you will undergo Disclosure and Barring Service and employment checks.
Details available on the College website www.nacollege.devon.sch.uk. Only applications submitted on the College’s online application form will be considered. Tel: 01626 367335. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 23 April 2019 at noon; Interview date: 2 May 2019