Aldar Academies are currently seeking an outstanding Head of Inclusion for Al Ain Academy in Al Ain commencing Academic Year 2021 - 2022.
The school follows the National Curriculum for England together with its assessments and caters for children between the ages of 3 and 11. In a short period, the school has achieved outstanding levels of progress and attainment, supported by rigorous tracking of data and assessment in all areas of the curriculum.
The Successful candidate will be able to manage our TAs and HLTAs, monitor our intervention groups, support teachers and parents in making school a positive experience for all children. Candidates should have a qualification in SEN and ideally the National Award for Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator.
•BA in Special Education or similar with minimum 6 years of experience as a SEN Teacher.
• SEN Qualification (Masters Level or external certification on an aspect of SEN)
• Previous experience in leading SEN / Learning Support in a primary/secondary school.
• Encourage and promote inclusion across the school at all levels
• Be an exemplary classroom teacher, supporting and guiding staff on SEN and inclusion to promote high standards of educational achievement
• Liaise closely with colleagues from other schools, outside agencies and other professionals
• Line manage staff employed to support children with special needs
• Maintain accurate records and coordinate care plans
• Review whole school assessment data and conduct assessment to identify priority areas and/or pupils for targeted intervention.
• Plan and deliver a range of programmes of work to support individual needs
• Provide training within and beyond our school to colleagues and families
• Contribute to school pastoral committee
• Support the aims of the school; comply with the requirements of health and safety, other relevant legislation and school policies
• Set a good example in terms of dress, punctuality and attendance
• Undertake other duties from time to time as the Principal /Head of department requires.
A covering letter and CV including details of two referees should be sent Hr@alainacademy.sch.ae or via the TES website.
Al Ain Academy
United Arab Emirates
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 17 years
Abu Dhabi Education Council Inspection Rating Oct/Nov 2018 ( Band A Rated : Very Good School )
Al Ain Academy opened in September 2011 providing high quality education to the region. The children are taught the English National Curriculum – tailored ...