Teaching Opportunities with Wellington College in China
Wellington College China has schools in Hangzhou, Shanghai and Tianjin. Our schools, for pupils aged 2 to 18, are expanding rapidly, so we are looking for talented teachers in most subjects. We offer attractive packages and prioritise teachers’ professional and career development. The Wellington schools in China all have world-class facilities and resources.
We are now recruiting teachers to start for the school year 2020-2021.
Head of KS4 Music
Huili School Hangzhou
The Head of KS4 Music has the overall responsibility for the quality of teaching and learning in IGCSE music and must ensure it is of the highest standard.
• Overseeing the teaching and learning of KS3 and KS4 music curriculums.
• Managing the IGCSE curriculum developments and ensuring relevant staff are trained accordingly.
• Leading and ensuring the IGCSE music course is being delivered effectively and successfully, including teaching, marking and moderating.
• Tracking and reporting all data to the Head of Performing Arts.
• Leading IGCSE interventions including liaising with students, parents, Head of Performing Arts, Principal and other relevant staff.
• Leading Junior High and KS4 music events such as concerts, recitals and assemblies.
• Liaising with the Head of Performing Arts on the implementation of a peripatetic musical instrument timetable.
• Providing an exciting environment which supports the personal and professional development of each student and member of staff. Planning high quality CPD opportunities for staff.
• Giving leadership in matters of discipline. Setting high standards and expectations of behaviour among both staff and students.
• Understanding the financial operation of a budget.
• Liaising with the Head of Performing Arts on teaching timetables for Junior High and KS4.
• Establishing, monitoring, reviewing and developing policy and practice to support high quality social, moral, health, cultural and spiritual provision for all staff and students.
The Head of KS4 Music has the overall responsibility for ensuring the quality and consistency of teaching, learning, reporting and curriculum development in music is of the highest standard. This includes the tracking and reporting of all data and exam results. They are required to create and oversee all KS3 and KS4 schemes of work, departmental policies and other documentation under the guidance and accountability of the Head of Performing Arts. The Head of KS4 Music will be expected to guide, support and equip departmental staff in their academic roles and where possible enable them to meet their professional goals and/or receive necessary professional training.
In addition, the Head of KS4 Music will be required to carry out lesson observations and contribute to appraisals for KS3/IGCSE departmental staff in line with the school’s observation policy and has the responsibility for the teaching and learning standards within KS3/IGCSE music.
The Head of KS4 Music is expected to keep abreast of UK curriculum and exam board developments and has the responsibility of ensuring the external IGCSE results in music are of highest standard.
The Head of KS4 Music will lead elements of school concerts, taking a leading role in those concerts/sections of concerts that concern Junior High and IGCSE students such as upper school concerts, recitals, assemblies etc. In addition, the Head of KS4 Music is responsible for liaising with the Head of Performing Arts over budgetary requirements.
The Head of KS4 Music has a responsibility for teaching innovative and engaging lessons and acting as a role model in terms of teaching quality.
The Head of KS4 Music is expected to liaise with the Head of Performing Arts on the introduction of a peripatetic music timetable ensuring the quality of instrumental teaching is relevant for the department’s needs and of a high standard.
The Head of KS4 Music is expected to ensure the department is maintained to a high standard visually including the displaying of students work, display boards in corridors and classroom displays.
The Head of KS4 Music must have a clear vision and goals for IGCSE music that is consistent with the development plan of the whole school.
Please email us your CV and cover letter with a photo to email@example.com indicating the position you are applying for in the subject header.
To find out more go to https://www.wellingtoncollege.cn/careers/