As Head of Mandarin, you will lead an experienced and motivated group of Mandarin teachers and will report to the Head of Languages Faculty. In addition to your teaching responsibilities, you will be expected to lead by example, share good practice, and be instrumental in curriculum planning. Experience of teaching iGCSE is essential, while A level experience would be an advantage.
GIS is a well-resourced successful international school with great facilities and a reputation for academic excellence; we place the success of each and every student at the centre of our mission. GIS is a family, and with our fantastic students, dedicated and motivated team of excellent teachers and support staff, it truly is a wonderful place to learn and teach.
At GIS, we know that every student requires more than academic ability to succeed in today’s global economy, and with that in mind, we offer an incredible pastoral support system, an extensive range of extra-curricular activities and strongly adhere to a skills-based approach to learning that supports and underpins our success in meeting the rigorous academic requirements of International GCSEs and A-Levels.
The school is focused on creating the best environments for our learners to grow and develop academically, emotionally, physically and socially. With a positive and progressive outlook, based on the latest research, we seek to constantly improve the provision for learning. With over 75 hours dedicated to teacher CPD every year, as well as a keen focus on staff and student well-being, we are constantly striving for excellence, both as practitioners and for our learners. GIS uses the latest technology to enhance learning and provide a 1:1 device programme and use Google Apps for Education as our main learning platform.
Successful candidate must:
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills in a working environment that is both rewarding and demanding
- Have a proven track record of outstanding practice
- Be a proponent for skills-based learning
- Be willing to embrace a collaborative planning approach
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills and be a real team player
- Be willing to embrace, innovate and lead educational change
- Be positive and solution-focused
- Have a growth-mindset looking to continually improve
- Be able to engage, motivate and support children, staff and parents
- Be a reflective, flexible leader with the ability to think creatively and take risks
- Have a strong learning-focused philosophy
We will provide:
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- Ongoing Professional Development
- A professionally stimulating and collaborative working environment
We recommend early application as we reserve the right to appoint prior to the closing date.
Closing date for applications is the 8th of December 2017.
Interviews will take place in London in January 2018.
Please review the ‘GIS Information for Applicants 2018-19’ booklet found in the Applicant Info Pack prior to applying for this role.
Garden International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such, all offers of employment are subject to a criminal record check (DBS or equivalent).