YCISCQ was founded in 2002 and offers an international curriculum, which has links to the National Curriculum of England, from K-Y13. Students in Y10/11 complete the Cambridge IGCSE and Y12/13 students undertake the IB Diploma. YCIS CQ is an exciting place to be for educators who wish to actively engage in an evolving programme, in a city that is also rapidly developing and expanding. We seek educators who are passionate about optimizing the learning opportunities for our students and are committed to educating the whole person. We strive to unite the best elements of Eastern and Western traditions and practices, the growth of the individual and the inquiring mind as well as develop a sense of personal responsibility and social welfare of all.
YCISCQ is fully accredited with CIS, NEASC and NCCT.
YCISCQ is committed to educate the whole person from infancy through secondary education. We strive to unite the best elements of Eastern and Western traditions and practices, the growth of the individual and the inquiring mind as well as develop a sense of personal responsibility and social welfare of all. The YCISCQ curriculum is designed to be developmentally appropriate for each age level, rooted in a bilingual education in multicultural environments utilizing instructional and information technology, fusing both Western and Chinese philosophies for character formation. Our holistic approach to education involves cooperation with parents, family, community and world around us.
As educators, we believe:
- that the core purpose of education is character formation, and it is the most important shared responsibility of the school and home.
- that each child is unique, with innate talents and gifts that should be nurtured to the fullest potential.
- that quality student-teacher relationships are at the heart of meaningful engagement, leading to highly effective learning and teaching.
- that ‘Learning Communities’ best enable students and teachers to creatively and holistically explore different fields of knowledge, fostering individual and collaborative learning skills that are critical for the 21st Century.
- in equipping our graduates with a deep respect for and understanding of world cultures, mastery of Chinese and English, plus proficiency in other modern languages, as well as a strong commitment to meeting challenges of their generation.
The Yew Chung International School of Chongqing (YCISCQ) seeks an experienced and motivated educational leader to perform the role of the Head of Mathematics. The successful candidate will lead a team of three in the development of the IBDP, IGCSE and Y7-9 YCIS curriculum (based on the National Curriculum of England).
This position provides an exceptional opportunity for a forward-thinking educator with a global perspective and a desire to become part of a learning community characterized by strong relationships, diverse interests, and a rigorous educational philosophy. YCISCQ enrols approximately 420 students (over 150 in the secondary section) of approximately 28 nationalities from both the local and international communities in Chongqing.
- Please apply directly to the school by submitting:
- A current CV, no longer than two pages
- A list of at least three referees with current telephone numbers and email addresses.
- A letter of application, no longer than two pages, explaining your educational beliefs, leadership strengths and professional and personal interests.
Please email these documents directly to YCISCQ Recruitment at recruitment.YCISCQ@cq.ycef.com. We encourage you to apply at the earliest possible time and no later than 28th January 2018. The review of files will begin as soon as applications are received. Candidates should note that, in the event an outstanding applicant is identified early in the search process, the school reserves the right to make an appointment and conclude the search prior to the stated deadline.
YCISCQ Website: www.ycis-cq.com/en/