We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic leader who has the ability, confidence and talent to lead our Mathematics Faculty over the next few years. This is a key position for the school and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to make a huge impact to our students’ education from day one.
St Thomas Aquinas is a large and thriving 11-18 Catholic school where staff and students from all faiths live out the school mission and every member of the community feels valued and engaged.
It is an exciting time to join St Thomas Aquinas Catholic School. In 2011, the school was judged ‘Outstanding’ by OFSTED and became part of the Lumen Christi Catholic Multi Academy in April 2015. Since September 2018, we have made significant developments to our behaviour systems and have been working hard to develop a knowledge-rich curriculum.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is passionate about teaching Mathematics
- Is enthusiastic about recent developments in the Mathematics curriculum and leading colleagues through these.
- Is excited about the possibility of guiding a dedicated team of committed and hardworking teachers to drive standards forward for our students
- Has the highest expectations of themselves and their students.
- Has a proven track record of raising attainment through their teaching and learning, making a positive impact within their own classroom and others.
- Has a commitment to working collaboratively as part of a team and working strategically.
We will offer you:
- Enthusiastic students who want to learn
- A caring school atmosphere with supportive colleagues and parents.
- A positive and exciting learning environment.
- Supportive middle leaders and senior leaders throughout the School.
- Outstanding CPD to allow you to grow and reach your full potential, preparing you for future roles.
This is a wonderful opportunity for the right person to work with highly dedicated staff in a popular Catholic secondary school.
Taking up a post in a new school is challenge and we would like your decision to join us to be well informed and to feel right for you. You are, therefore, more than welcome to come for an informal visit to our School. We will consider either a October 2018 or January 2019 start for the right candidate.
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.
Closing date for applications is Friday 29th June.
Interviews will take place week commencing Monday 2nd July.
For further details, please visit: www.stacs.org
To arrange a visit contact: The Office Manager at St Thomas Aquinas Catholic School, B38 8AP.
Tel: 0121 464 4643