Newton College is an innovative school with outstanding facilities in a very pleasant suburb of Lima, (please visit our website and school video: www.newton.edu.pe ). We became the first school in Peru to deliver the IB curriculum and we own a large plot of land in the Amazon Rainforest where we administer a study centre for secondary pupils and university students.
We are a Peruvian-British, non-profit, coeducational school for pupils aged 2 to 18. We deliver the IB Primary Years and Diploma Programme. In 2019 we should be authorized to deliver the Middle Years Programme. Our students obtain the bilingual IB Diploma with results that are well above world average.
We offer a well-rounded education: every pupil learns to play a musical instrument, education for sustainable development underpins our curriculum, our MUN and Debates clubs and our sports teams have won many accolades. Our mission is to prepare students to become successful citizens who contribute to the well-being of their society.
We are seeking a fully qualified and experienced head of mathematics with the ability to:
- Establish common standards and expectations by encouraging the sharing of best practice;
- Model a passion for mathematics that inspires high quality teaching and learning;
- Mentor, coach and lead a faculty of eight teachers towards self-driven improvement;
- Lead in the creation of mathematics courses that highlight the relevance and beauty of the subject.
- Facilitate the transfer of mathematical knowledge and skills across the curriculum.
The person profile for this post is:
- a commitment to our core values and the IB Learner Profile;
- an authentic concern for the well-being and safety of children;
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- an open mentality and growth mind-set.
- An initial two-year contract with flights to and from country of residence;
- A very competitive salary paid in American dollars;
- Baggage allowance, settling-in allowance and Spanish tuition allowance;
- Private medical insurance and remission on school fees;
- Excellent internal and external professional development;
- Coaching in classroom practice from one of our seven instructional coaches.
There is a strong collegiate culture at the school and a very congenial work climate. Most overseas staff stay for at least two contracts and a significant number stay a lot longer.
Applicants should send a CV of no more than two pages and a covering letter to email@example.com
The names of three referees must be provided, including current employer. The deadline for applications is Friday, 30th November, 2018.