Job Reference : 003514
Nord Anglia Education
With over 20 years of experience operating international schools, Nord Anglia Education is proud to be the world’s leading premium schools organisation. We are a fast-growing network of schools across China, Europe, the Middle East, Southeast Asia and the Americas.
The British International School Budapest
Located beside a golf course in the leafy 3rd District of Budapest, a short distance from the Danube and the centre of the city, our school campus is modern and very well-resourced. Primary students benefit from one-to-one iPads and secondary students bring their own laptops. Specialist rooms are equipped with first class facilities, enabling our students to take advantage of our collaboration with MIT and The Juilliard School. A recently completed building project includes additional specialist facilities for science, computing, music and sports. Our students are motivated and enthusiastic, enjoying a lively approach to the subject through a wide range of teaching and learning strategies.
To learn more about our school, please visit http://www.nordangliaeducation.com/our-schools/budapest
Head of Mathematics (secondary)
The Head of Mathematics is responsible to the Deputy Head of Secondary and the Head of Secondary for all aspects of the Mathematics Department and for planning for its development and is also a key member of the middle leadership team of the school. The Head of Mathematics will demonstrate the highest standards of professionalism and will, in particular:
- Generate excitement and passion for mathematics;
- Inspire trust and confidence in students, colleagues and parents;
- Engage and motivate students to strive for the highest achievements;
- Promote the use of technology in the classroom to enhance learning;
- Be relentless in the quest for excellence, using achievement and progress data and lesson observations to seek out and promote excellent teaching;
- Ensure continuity across Primary and Secondary and contribute to the development of curriculum, pedagogy and teaching across the school;
- Build strong teams and create the conditions for staff to learn from each other;
- Continually strive to develop the quality of students’ learning across the curriculum, particularly in relation to language development;
- Use student tracking and monitoring processes to advance student learning and enhance professional practice;
- Contribute to school improvement planning and the development of the curriculum;
- Develop and deploy curriculum, schemes and resources efficiently and effectively;
- Promote the school mission and values and those of the NAE family of schools.
The successful candidate will benefit from the career and development opportunities that come with being part of the world’s leading premium schools organisation. Nord Anglia University unites our team through a vibrant online forum which harnesses the collective expertise of their peers in an exchange of knowledge, ideas and best practice. We also provide extensive online and face-to-face professional development through Nord Anglia University to ensure that members of our team don’t just maintain their skills and expertise, they develop at the cutting edge of educational thinking.
The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive package. You will have the opportunity to live and work in one of the world’s most vibrant cities. Budapest is a modern, cosmopolitan city, steeped in history and within easy reach of beautiful countryside. Conde Nast Traveler regularly places Budapest as one of the best cities in the world. Budapest is also one of the world’s most affordable cities, located in the heart of Europe, within easy reach of the best of central, eastern and western Europe. Public transport, the arts and culture, shopping, dining and outdoor activity are incomparable. Several of our teachers have chosen to settle here, while others move on to international careers within Nord Anglia Education and beyond.
The closing date for applications is 5th January 2018.
Early applications are encouraged, and we reserve the right to appoint before the closing date.
First stage interviews will be conducted by Skype and final interviews will take place in person or by Skype, depending on location.