About the French International School
Established in 1964, the French International School (FIS) is the oldest international school in Hong Kong and was one of the first schools in Hong Kong to offer the IB. It is a dynamic educational institution, which welcomes over 2,600 students from around the world. It offers both French and British-style curricula and is the largest French school in Asia.
FIS currently operates four campuses, three of which accommodate students in the International Stream. The two primary schools, one surrounded by greenery in Jardine’s Lookout and the other in a pristine historical building in Chai Wan, are conveniently situated on Hong Kong Island. A new site will open in September 2018 in Tseung Kwan O catering for reception to year 2.
FIS is a private, not-for-profit organization. In the last five decades, it has grown from a small school with 35 students to one of the most renowned international schools in the region. Its students are from 40 countries speaking some 30 languages – it is a truly multicultural learning environment.
FIS operates two streams, French and International, under an overall Headmaster appointed by the AEFE. The French Stream follows a French curriculum and has approximately 2000 students. The International Stream follows an English and Mathematics curriculum broadly based on the English national curriculum and also IPC/IEYC thematic curriculum leading to IGCSE and then the International Baccalaureate in years 12 and 13. It currently has approximately 697 students registered.
For more information about FIS, please refer to www.fis.edu.hk.
Head of Mathematics, International Stream Job Outline
Contract Term: Two years renewable from mid-August 2018
An exciting opportunity has arisen as Head of Mathematics at FIS. We are seeking an inspirational and energetic person to lead the Mathematics faculty in the Secondary school. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of leadership, innovation and development throughout their career or be able to demonstrate their potential.
This is an opportunity for the candidate to shape and mold the future of the Mathematics faculty and help lead the vision and strategic mission of the school, working closely with the Head of the Secondary School.
We are seeking a Head of Mathematics faculty who can achieve these key objectives:
- Oversee the development and mapping of the Mathematics Curriculum across the entire school including working with Primary colleagues
- Build on the excellent foundations that have been established.
The ideal candidate will:
· Have deep knowledge of International Curriculum innovation as well as the IGCSE / IB;
· Be well qualified with an internationally accepted degree and teaching qualification.
· Be a dynamic, forward-looking professional with the experience and skills to lead a dynamic faculty;
· Be an outstanding instructional leader who is passionate about learning and teaching and setting high expectations for every student;
· Be able to lead a team of teachers
· Be Internationally-minded and culturally sensitive;
· Be committed to fostering a culture of continuous improvement;
· Be adept and skilled at fostering a collaborative approach amongst teachers;
We will provide:
A competitive compensation package including cash allowance and gratuity
- International worldwide medical cover
- Subsidised education for children at French International School
- Opportunities for ongoing professional development.
- A professionally stimulating and supportive working environment.
- The chance to live in a culturally diverse context.
Please send a CV with a recent photograph to email@example.com and a covering letter of no more than 2 sides to explain how your experience so far has prepared you for the job and what your approach to education is. Early applications are recommended as the School reserves the right to make an appointment before the deadline should a suitable candidate present him or herself. Please send your application by 29th January 2018. Interview will take place in Hong Kong or London. Address your application to Mr Ian Clayton, head of the international stream.