Rainbow International School is a coeducational 2 – 18 years day and boarding school in Kampala, Uganda. Rainbow is the most established, reputable and largest International school in the country with over 600 students from over fifty different nationalities. We deliver the EYFS and IPC curricula in the Primary section, English National curriculum at Key Stage 3 and Cambridge IGCSE and Advanced Level in Key Stages 4 and 5. We are currently in our fourth year of delivering BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma awards for a cohort of students in our sixth form as an alternative pathway to further education.
Rainbow is an inclusive school, we are passionate about educating the ‘whole child’, and nurturing talents in a variety of subject areas. Rainbow students are highly academic and our examination results are outstanding. We place an important emphasis not only on academics, but also in sports, performing arts and through our extensive extracurricular enrichment programme. Our sixth form leavers gain entry into the top Universities around the world, the Russel Group and Ivy League among them. Rainbow is a first class learning institution and a busy and vibrant community.
Situated on the edge of Lake Victoria, in the Kansanga / Ggaba area of Kampala, the school boasts an 11-acre green campus with purpose built classrooms, dedicated computing suites, science laboratories, sports pitches, two undercover courts, 25-meter swimming pool and club, outdoor tennis court and cricket net.
We are accredited by the Council of British International schools (COBIS) and have successfully gone through the COBIS Patron’s Accreditation in May 2018.
If you would like to work in a busy, vibrant and multicultural school in a beautiful country that was voted as the friendliest country for expats to live in (http://www.bbc.com/travel/story/20170215-living-in-the-worlds-most-welcoming-countries), then I look forward to your application.
We are seeking an experienced and well qualified individual to fill this all important role. This is an excellent opportunity to lead a thriving mathematics department. This role offers the chance to lead a team of four dedicated teachers and teach Mathematics up to A Level.
The Successful candidate must:
• Be a passionate and committed
• Have a proven track record of outstanding classroom practice;
• Have a passion for mathematics;
• Be able to engage, motivate and support children, colleagues and parents;
• Be a reflective, flexible practitioner with the ability to think creatively and take risks;
• Have the interpersonal skills needed to work successfully within teams;
• Have an advanced ability to use ICT to support and enhance learning within the classroom;
• Have a strong learning-focused philosophy;
• A working knowledge of Google Apps and the confidence to work with IT in the classroom.
• Bachelors degree /BEd / PGCE
• Relevant postgraduate degree or diploma (desirable but not essential)
• Happy and motivated students in a welcoming and friendly environment
• Happy, motivated and enthusiastic teaching colleagues
• Competitive salary
• Free furnished accommodation
• Medical insurance
• Flights and baggage allowance at the beginning and end of contract
• Two year initial contract
Please apply with a detailed CV and filling out the application form on the TES portal. Please include the names and contact details of three referees (2 professional and 1 character), one must be your current Headteacher / Principal. All applications should be addressed to the Principal, Mr Jason Lewis. Early applications are welcome as applications will be reviewed on submission.
Rainbow International School Uganda is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Successful candidates will be asked for a valid ICPC/DBS check, or the equivalent police certificate of good conduct from the country of current employment.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer (EOE)