Wellow House School is a highly regarded independent co-educational preparatory school for pupils aged between 3 and 13 years, based in Newark, Nottinghamshire. We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and experienced Head of Mathematics to join the School.
Our location and beautiful grounds provide the ideal setting for creating a secure and happy atmosphere, which encourages each child to develop their gifts and unlock their potential.
We place great emphasis on providing a supportive and caring educational environment and pastoral care is a key element of life at Wellow House. With small classes throughout, teachers are able to educate, encourage and nurture pupils on an individual level and help in the development of their knowledge, character and personality.
We encourage each child to develop as an individual in a friendly but purposeful learning environment, combining a high standard of academic education with a variety of extra-curricular sports and activities.
As Head of Mathematics, you will:
- Raise standards of pupil attainment and achievement within the whole curriculum area and monitor and support pupil progress
- Be accountable for pupil progress and development within the subject area
- Develop and enhance the teaching practice of others both within and across departments
- Ensure the provision of an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for pupils studying in the department, in accordance with the aims of the school and the curricular policies determined by the Governing Body, the Head and the Director of Studies
- Be accountable for leading, managing and developing the subject/curriculum area
- Effectively manage and deploy teaching/support staff, financial and physical resources within the department to support the subject curriculum
Closing Date: Monday 19th November 2018 at 12pm
Interview Dates: Friday 23rd and Tuesday 27th November 2018
Wellow is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect staff to share this commitment.