The Governors of Holy Trinity School seek to appoint a dynamic, forward looking candidate to the post of Head of Maths joining our vibrant department. This is a fantastic opportunity for an exceptional existing or aspiring leader to make a significant contribution to the professional leadership and curriculum development in Maths.
Holy Trinity is an excellent Church of England Voluntary Aided 11-18, 7 form entry, mixed Comprehensive School where we pride ourselves in the pastoral care and development of all students. We are located in Crawley, West Sussex.
• a starting salary and salary progression in line with the school’s policies on Pay and Appraisal;
• Engagement of all teaching staff in the TEEP programme to enhance our teaching and learning in the classroom.
• professional learning is delivered for all stages of career development and supported through the LA and universities e.g. a mentoring programme for NQTs; a comprehensive induction, and a good programme of CPL.
• A supportive, collegiate culture where your enthusiasm, commitment and passion for making a difference to the lives of our students, will be supported
• an easy commute via public transport from Brighton, and from other parts of East and West Sussex and from Surrey. Many staff operate car share schemes and we have on site parking.
We require applicants who will demonstrate their commitment to the teaching of Maths; who have the enthusiasm, skill and ability to make a significant positive contribution to leadership of this team and development of the delivery of the curriculum. The successful candidate will require to evidence: how they meet the requirements of the attached person specification; their commitment to teaching across the 11-18 range; successful outcomes for students and achieving success through a team.
In addition to teaching your primary subject across ages 11 to 18 there is an expectation that you may teach other subjects as directed in order to facilitate the delivery of the curriculum. Relevant support will be offered.
We are seeking candidates who will commit to upholding our values and ethos as a faith school; however applicants do not need to be a practising Christian.
Visits to the school are welcome and can be arranged via HR.
Further information about the post and school can be found on the website. http://www.holytrinitycrawley.org.uk
The preferred method of communication in connection with this vacancy is by email. This is how invitations to interview will be sent. Please ensure that you check your emails and junk or spam folders on a regular basis.
Application forms and details about the post are attached and on the website. All enquiries and completed application forms with covering letter / statement should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date or earlier.
An early application is advised, we may close applications early. INTERVIEWS: 28 March 2018
The Holy Trinity Church Of England Secondary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we cooperate with other agencies and initiatives at local and national level. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any successful job applicant will be required to undertake a Disclosure & Barring service check (formerly known as Criminal Records Bureau check) at an enhanced level, in line with all schools across West Sussex. Disclosures include details of cautions, reprimands or final warning as well as convictions, spent or unspent.