Are you a Maths gun that has a track record of improving learning outcomes? Are you a mover and shaker that can establish a strong data culture and coach teachers? We are willing to consider a top notch teacher ready to leap into a position of responsibility.
Al Siraat College is located in Melbourne, one of Australia's most vibrant cities. Commencing in 2009 with 82 students, we have grown to a projected enrolment of over 1,000 students in 2019. This is an urgent requirement, with the role commencing in late January 2019, so applications will be processed immediately to meet timelines in relation to visa sponsorship. As this is a key role, we will consider a later start for the right applicant.
Al Siraat College is a Standard Business Sponsor (Accredited status) and is able to sponsor successful candidates to live and work in Australia with their family. All children will be able to attend Australian schools on the same basis as Australian residents. You will need VIT Registration (www.vit.vic.edu.au) to be able to teach in Melbourne, Victoria.
Al Siraat College is a Foundation to Year 12 Islamic school located in the Northern growth corridor of Melbourne (Epping). Having made a significant impact since its foundation year in 2009 within the broader community, the College continues to expand apace with strong enrolment growth at all levels. Our aim is to use learning as the pathway to develop students of refined character.
We are seeking a Head of Department for Mathematics. Ideally, you will be able to teach VCE Mathematics (A Level).
You need to be able to demonstrate:
- Have 5+ years of solid classroom experience;
- Able to engage students through stimulating lesson delivery;
- Keen to reach every student through use of effective differentiation and care;
- Committed to raising student achievement without exception;
- Internally resourceful: Have the creative drive within;
- Able to use feedback and reflection to improve their practise;
- Open to new ideas, innovations and use of emerging technologies;
- Committed to managing the class with consideration and compassion;
- Capable of building a positive rapport with students, staff and parents;
- Willing to develop and participate in the College’s co-curricular program.
In return you will be rewarded with:
- Establishing a culture of high expectations, improvement and use of data;
- The flexibility to implement new ideas;
- The satisfaction of making an impact;
- Welcoming and caring environment;
- Weekly professional development program;
- A salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
To apply for this position you will need to:
- Email your resume and other supporting documentation to email@example.com;
- Have / obtain teaching registration with the Victorian Institute of Teaching (www.vit.vic.edu.au). The link to the registration information page is included below.
All successful candidates will be expected to work in and support the Islamic ethos of the school.
Further details are available from the College website: www.alsiraat.vic.edu.au/page/vacancies.
Details on how to register as a teacher in the state of Victoria can be found at https://www.vit.vic.edu.au/registering-as-a-teacher/how-do-i-register-as-a-teacher/a-guide-on-how-to-register-as-a-teacher.