HEAD OF MFL
Modern Foreign languages are highly valued at our School – can you be part of our vision? Are you able to inspire, motivate and enthuse young people?
We are looking to appoint an outstanding leader and teacher of MFL, to teach across the age and ability range. The successful candidate will be an innovative, creative and an outstanding practitioner.
This position is open to any current or aspiring Head of Department. Amery Hill School provides excellent opportunities for students to access languages at KS3 and KS4, as well as working with our feeder schools to ensure effective transition. Excellent subject knowledge in French and German is required.
We are seeking to appoint someone who will:
• be an inspirational teacher with a proven track record of delivering high quality lessons with excellent student outcomes
• have the vision and leadership skills to move the department forward
• be committed to raising standards for all students
• a team player with strong interpersonal skills
• ICT literate
In a supportive learning environment you will be offered:
• the opportunity to make a difference
• ICT facilities in each classroom, including PCs available for use
• opportunity for continued professional development
About the school:
Amery Hill School is the top performing 11 – 16 mixed comprehensive school set in pretty grounds in the market town of Alton, Hampshire.
Following our excellent recent Ofsted inspection, we are very proud of the report and how it reflects the high standard of all round education that we provide for all our learners. The school is well resourced and supported by the local community; it manages to maintain a supportive and caring environment for all who attend the school.
For further information visit our Website at http://www.ameryhill.hants.sch.uk/. Applications should be addressed to Mrs Elizabeth Wylie, Headteacher and may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that all applications will be considered upon receipt, therefore an early reply is recommended.
We are committed to safeguarding, follow a strict recruitment process and carry out enhanced DBS checks.