Head of Modern Foreign Languages, to start asap
Hoe Valley School is an oversubscribed secondary school which opened in September 2015 to serve the local community of South Woking. The School currently has 360 year 7, 8 and 9 students. Year 9 students started their GCSE courses last September. A new cohort of 150 Year 7 students will join in September 2018. HVS is committed to ensuring our students leave us with excellent academic outcomes, the skills to be ‘work-ready’ and the traits of excellent global citizens. From Sept 2018, the School will be located in a state of the art new premises on Egley Road, Woking.
We are looking for a passionate, talented and rigorous practitioner to join our dedicated team in leading the School on its journey to becoming established and outstanding. This is a crucial appointment for the School in driving the e-baccalaureate suite of subjects and in promoting a love of languages across the whole School.
The successful Head of Faculty will have the exciting and unique opportunity to shape a KS3, KS4 and KS5 curriculum which is bespoke, challenging and fit for the needs of 21st century life. As the School takes in additional groups, they will have the opportunity to recruit their own team of outstanding teachers. They will be responsible for leading international trips and visits and for ensuring students link the importance of languages to employment opportunities and the skills needed to succeed in modern life.
Students currently study French in year 7 and 8 and choose between Spanish and German in year 8. In Year 9 students are required to take 1 language and have the option of a second.
Our Head of Modern Foreign Languages will be an inspirational teacher with a proven track record of leading students to achieve outstanding results. They will be someone who embraces creativity, innovation and is always looking for the very best practice in teaching. They will share the School's vision and the belief that all young people can achieve at high levels.
- You will have a bachelor's degree at a 2.1 or higher in a Modern Foreign Language and Modern Foreign Language at A-level standard or equivalent
- You will have Qualified teacher status through a PGCE, GTP or other international equivalent
-You will be an inspirational teacher with a proven track record of leading students to achieve outstanding results
- You will embrace creativity, innovation and always look for the very best practice in teaching
-You will share the School's vision and the belief that all young people can achieve at high levels
- Our staff are all optimistic, enthusiastic and dedicated to the School’s vision and we work closely as a tight community to design and deliver a curriculum which is exciting, personalised, challenging and relevant to the tough world which awaits our students.
- Our school leaders are flexible, not afraid of ‘mucking in’, driven by outcomes and model the excellent teaching, feedback and behaviours expected of others.
- Our School is committed to supporting our staff to have an excellent work / life balance by having minimal paperwork and slick systems
-All of our team have a bespoke CPD programme in place and share best practice across faculties, including buddying with peers in local outstanding Schools
-Our staff are offered childcare and cycle to work vouchers, reduced gym membership at our neighbouring sports facilities and have access to convenient free parking. We also provide wellbeing packages.
-We also have additional holiday at the end of the Autumn and Summer terms to recognise and reward the commitment of our staff.
Potential candidates are warmly invited to contact the Head Teacher for an informal conversation.
This is an outstanding and rare opportunity to be part of a School's development and to see your career grow as the School grows.
Please send applications and queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for application is:
Friday 20th July 2018
Applications are considered as they are received, we reserve the right to make an appointment prior to the closing date.
Only fully completed application forms received by the stated deadline for applications will be accepted as valid applications.
CV’s will not be accepted as applications. No recruitment agencies please.