We are looking to appoint an outstanding, passionate and inspirational Head of Music. Music plays a central role in the life of our school: we have a number of choirs, orchestras and ensembles enjoying music weekly, with all of these groups having the opportunity to perform at a range of concerts, assemblies and functions throughout the year. In addition, we have a team of 14 peripatetic music teachers conducting around 250 lessons each week on a range of instruments.
The Knights Templar School is a successful 11–18 mixed comprehensive judged as ‘Good’ by Ofsted in its most recent inspection and committed to becoming outstanding.
We are looking for a Head of Music who:
- Believes in young people
- Is dynamic, innovative and inspirational in the classroom
- Is passionate about Music
- Ensures all students succeed and are able to achieve their maximum potential
- Has the ability to teach outstanding lessons across the age range
- Effectively share best practice with colleagues
- Is committed to raising standards of attainment
- Is willing to promote and participate in the extra-curricular life of the school
- Enjoys working as part of a team
- Sets high expectations of themselves and their students
In return we will offer you:
- An excellent range of CPD opportunities for staff
- A professional, hardworking and supportive team of staff with the capability and desire to raise student achievement even further
- Stability among teaching and support staff which brings both experience and commitment to our school community
- Supportive governing body and a senior leadership team that encourages a large degree of autonomy for middle leaders
- Enthusiastic students who are willing to learn and are proud of their learning environment
- A community school in the pretty market town of Baldock, 33 miles north of London, within 30-40 minutes of both Cambridge and London by road or train.
- Extra-curricular sporting facilities for staff
- Discounted Sports Centre Membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers (subject to recent Government changes)
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS will be required.
Closing date: 9am, Tuesday, 23rd April 2019
Interviews: w/c 29th April 2019
Application packs are available to download from the school website. Completed application forms, along with a covering letter (no more than two sides on skills and strengths relating to the post) to be returned by email to email@example.com