We are keen to appoint an enthusiastic and dedicated Head of Music to join our highly successful Creative Arts Faculty.
You will have the leadership skills, ideas and drive to support us in developing and implementing the next phase of the school’s development.
We have a full commitment to the highest quality teaching and learning and will expect you to:
• Demonstrate strong leadership qualities and potential for future development
• Model excellence in the classroom
• Evaluate performance data confidently and identify priorities for continuous improvement
• Lead the Music team to achieve measurable impact
• Lead the professional development of Music colleagues
• Communicate effectively and build strong relationships within the whole school community
• Promote high expectations and hold staff to account.
We have a full commitment to the highest quality teaching and learning
Hendon School is an ‘Outstanding School’ recently identified as one of the top 100 non- selective state funded schools in the country. Students not only achieve outstanding exam results but experience an exceptional community programme.
Many students have won local and national awards for their achievements and contributions to society
We are seeking a candidate who:
• aspires to be an innovative, outstanding practitioner
• would embrace the range of opportunities to participate in our high quality staff development programme
• is keen to participate in aspects of wider school life
• is keen to teach all key stages
Hendon School is an ambitious 'Outstanding' School and can offer:
• Excellent resources
• Excellent support and professional development opportunities
We are seeking someone with:
• A passion for teaching and learning
• The ability to motive and inspire the faculty and students
• The ability to stimulate curiosity, interest and enjoyment in Drama
• Creative teaching skills and a professional approach.
• High expectations of students
• The determination to raise student achievement
• Team skills.
About the employer:
• Each person equally as an individual who is entitled to be treated with respect at all times.
• The particular abilities, needs and hopes of all our school
• The social, ethnic and religious diversity of Hendon School.
CVs will not be considered.
We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
‘I love Hendon because of the warm and caring atmosphere, with the needs of students always coming first. We work together as a community. We are a big strong family protecting each other.’ Mr Watson—Humanities Teacher
All posts are subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications who have the right to work in the UK