Cambridge College is one of the leading co-educational day school in Peru serving more than 1,100 students from Stage 2 to Grade 12. Since its founding over thirty years ago, the School has been consistently ranked as one of the top schools in Lima; with students graduating with both a Peruvian Diploma and relevant Cambridge certifications.
Cambridge College is proud to be a member of Inspired, an international group of over 42 premium schools educating over 31,000 students across five continents. Inspired schools are designed to inspire students to achieve their maximum potential in a nurturing, progressive academic environment from the ages of 2-18.
We are looking for a passionate and innovative teacher to lead the English department into the next phase of its development from August 2019.
The successful candidate will be a team player with the experience to lead an energetic and committed English team in the Middle and Senior School.
The successful candidate should have:
- Relevant degree, with UK PGCE, or other teaching qualification.
- Minimum two years’ teaching experience
- Experience of the English National Curriculum and IGCSE/GCSE and A Level/IB Language and Literature syllabuses is desirable.
- Be a positive and enthusiastic member of the staff room
- Passion for teaching and commitment to educating the whole child
- A proven track record of excellent classroom and pedagogical practice, including Assessment for Learning and Accelerated Learning
- Ability to contribute to our extra-curricular activities programme
- The flexibility and to work in groups across curriculum subjects and across key stages.
- Previous experience working with students for whom English is not their first language
- A team player who will help develop new initiatives to enhance the English curriculum
The school offers an attractive salary, return flights, medical cover, baggage and settling-in allowances.
To apply for this position either apply online or submit a full letter of application, curriculum vitae with a minimum of two referees (one of which must be your current Head of School/Principal) and a recent passport photograph to Mr. Iain McGowan, Headmaster at email@example.com
Closing date date for applications is Friday 21st June 2019.
Please note that Cambridge College Lima reserves the right to appoint at any stage during the recruitment process.
Cambridge College and Inspired are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Interviews for short listed candidates will take place in Lima and via Skype where applicable.