Dulwich College (Singapore) currently has almost 2000 students on roll from Toddler to Year 11, with growth and expansion set to continue as we accommodate Year 12 in 2018/2019 and start the IB Diploma. The College caters for a diverse range of international students reflective of Singapore’s cosmopolitan nature as one of Asia’s most vibrant centres.
Dulwich College (Singapore) is regarded as one of the leading International schools on the Island and offers the highest quality of learning for all our students with one of our core values being ‘students come first’.
Our teaching and support staff are outstanding, our parents are supportive and our students are a delight.
Our facilities are superb with generous, extensive learning spaces, a state of the art Performing Arts Centre, playing fields and two large Gymnasiums.
The Dulwich College International group is committed to drawing upon its position as a global family, enhancing the education of its students and providing its teachers with enriching and rewarding careers.
Our College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in our care. We follow safe recruitment practices and appointments are subject to vetting including reference checks, and identity and criminal record checks.
The Head of Outdoor Learning will oversee and coordinate all outdoor learning at Dulwich College (Singapore), bringing together all of the excellent programmes offered under a strong ethos and progressive pathway. This will require significant liaison with other departments within the College and external organisations. The role holds a high degree of responsibility and as a department head, reports directly to the College Leadership Team.
- Review of current policies and and procedures.
- Develop a key skills map that articulates through the College.
- Identify current programmes and liaise with key colleagues.
- Learn how the outdoors fits into the school ethos and values.
- Develop a progressive pathway of linked outdoor experiences from age 2 to 18.
- Develop a budget, facilities and resources on-campus.
- Investigate potential venues in Singapore and overseas.
- Build a team of interested staff from across the College to support the programme.
- Plan, prepare for and deliver excellent outdoor learning experiences.
- Nurture a true sense of adventure in pupils.
- Facilitate pupils gaining long-term benefits from programmes.
- Propagate cross-curricular learning opportunities both in and out of the classroom.
- Support colleagues in their delivery of outdoor learning, provide training if necessary.
- Manage equipment purchase, storage and inspection.
- Keep relevant records in keeping with College policy.
- Manage and advise on all risk assessment for all trips and activities.
- Liaise with administration, estates, finance and the College Leadership Team.
- Book external activity providers.
- Liaise with CAS co-ordinator to maximize opportunity for IBDP students.
- Support in the articulation of the CAS programme through Senior, Junior and DUCKS.
This is a new role within a large international school for pupils aged 2 to 18. The successful candidate will review all outdoor learning at Dulwich College (Singapore), bringing together all of the excellent programmes that we currently offer under a strong new ethos and progressive pathway. The College is looking to significantly develop and expand this existing programme. This will require significant liaison with other departments within the school and external organisations. The role holds a high degree of responsibility and as a department head, reports directly to the College Leadership Team.
In order to carry out a high level of programme delivery and development of new venues a broad range of outdoor leadership qualifications for both land and water activities will be required. Relevant experience in a similar role in schools or other educational institutions is also required.
The successful candidate will not only be required to deliver excellent programmes but also to provide training and support to a wide range of colleagues. They will be a champion for the benefits of adventure and set an example for pupils and staff. It is therefore essential that they are both highly experienced and immensely enthusiastic about the outdoors.
The following is a minimum requirement:
- At least 3 years’ experience of full-time delivery of good quality outdoor learning
- Experience of working in a school environment
- Current personal participant in several adventurous activities
- Deep understanding of underpinning theories of experiential learning
- Practical knowledge of the physical, mental and emotional benefits of outdoor adventure
- Experience of delivering instructor training.
- Individual experience of managing a departmental budget
- Delivery of accredited schemes (DofE Awards, VQs, Academic Qualifications, etc)
The successful candidate will be responsible for setting their own targets in agreement with the College Leadership and building their own priorities within the school improvement plan so it is essential that they are self-reliant and highly motivated.
They must have proven success in the following:
- Personal time management (balancing the important against the urgent)
- High levels of personal motivation and ability to get the best out of others
- Excellent communication skills
- Tmely and detailed planning
- Ability to liaise with all stakeholders
It is expected (although not essential) that candidates will be educated to degree level, or have relevant experience and qualifications.
Dulwich College (Singapore) offers the highest quality of learning for all our students and our guiding philosophy is that students come first. The Dulwich College International group is committed to drawing upon its position as a global family, enhancing the education of its students and providing its teachers with enriching and rewarding careers.
Successful applicants will need to be sympathetic with the ethos and values of Dulwich College. An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate, and details will be made available to shortlisted candidates.
To apply for this position please go to www.dulwich.org/careers
The closing date for applications is Friday 9th February 2018.
For further information on the College please see our website at https://singapore.dulwich.org/
Dulwich College (Singapore) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices which are aligned to the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection. We hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All appointments are subject to an interview, identity checks, criminal record checks, and successful references.
CPE Registration Number: 201027137D. Period of Registration: 09 January 2016 to 08 January 2020