About the role:
Following a recent merger of departments, we are seeking to appoint a dynamic, enthusiastic and influential Head of P.E & Health to lead our current department. We are looking for someone who can provide outstanding leadership or quickly develop their leadership to an outstanding level to ensure that learning and outcomes in all areas within the faculty progress on an upward trajectory. The successful applicant will lead a department containing the teaching of P.E, Health and Social Care and Performing Arts and will be supported by an Assistant Head of Department (a TLR post to be appointed from existing staff once the Head of Department is confirmed).
This role may ideally suit someone who is looking to make the step into middle leadership or who is looking to build upon their current experience and success at that level.
We will only consider candidates who can evidence a strong track record of success and who have made a significant impact on the lives and education of the children they teach. This will need to be demonstrated in your application and be clearly evident at interview.
What we can offer you:
- An academy making rapid, sustained improvement.
- Excellent facilities and resources.
- Access to an outstanding professional development programme including in-house MA.
- A chance to become part of one of the largest groups of academies in the country.
- Caring, dedicated and friendly students who want to learn and fulfil their potential.
- Colleagues who are supportive, friendly and who are committed to each other’s professional development.
- Opportunities to be creative and to inspire your students.
In return, we are looking for:
- An ‘outstanding’ teacher with strong leadership qualities who can evidence significant progress and attainment from their students over a protracted period of time.
- Someone who shares our moral purpose of ensuring that all of our young people receive the best education possible in a supportive environment from people who care about them.
- Someone who is resilient, dynamic and passionate about improving the life chances of all children in our community.
If you possess these qualities and share the academy’s vision, then we will be delighted to hear from you. Please see the Job Description and Person Specification for further information.
About the School:
- Summer 2018 Progress 8 score was 0.54, which means that every single student, on average, achieved over half a grade more than what was expected of them.
- Ofsted rated: ‘Good’. Ofsted, October 2017.
- 11 – 18 Academy with 1121 students (157 in the Sixth Form).
- A United Learning Academy.
- We are an ambitious Academy with a focus on continuous improvement, we are determined to continue on our journey towards ‘outstanding’ in every aspect of our provision, ensuring that each and every student is supported and encouraged to achieve their very best.
Sheffield Park Academy is part of United Learning, a large, and growing, group of schools aiming to offer a life changing education to children and young people across England.
Our schools work as a team and achieve more by sharing than any single school could. Our subject specialists, our Group-wide intranet, our own curriculum and our online learning portal all help us share knowledge and resource, helping to simplify work processes and manage workloads for an improved work-life balance.
As a Group, we can reward our staff better: with good career opportunities, better pay, benefits, and ultimately, the satisfaction of helping children to succeed. We invest in our staff wellbeing. Our academies each have at least eight INSET days per year (with three of those solely dedicated to planning), and an ongoing group-wide wellbeing programme. It's an ethos we call ‘the best in everyone’.
Sheffield Park Academy is committed to safeguarding the welfare of its students and the successful appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Applicants are encouraged to visit the Academy before applying, to organise a visit please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply online by clicking on the following link https://unitedlearning.current-vacancies.com/Jobs/Advert/1402173?cid=1567&rsid=0&js=0&LinkType=1&FromSearch=False
Closing Date: Wednesday 17 October 2018 at 9am
Interviews: To take place on Wednesday 24th October 2018
Where teaching is better shared
United Learning comprises: UCST (Registered in England No: 2780748. Charity No. 1016538) and ULT (Registered in England No. 4439859. An Exempt Charity). Companies limited by guarantee. VAT number 834 8515 12. Registered address: United Learning, Worldwide House, Thorpe Wood, Peterborough, PE3 6SB.