Trusted for over 55 years and now a third generation education family, GEMS Education began in a single school room in Dubai. Today, we have the privilege of educating over 190,000 students from over 176 countries through GEMS owned and managed schools globally; over 270,000 students access resources through our services division; and we will impact 20 million by 2020 students through the initiatives of our Charity partner Varkey Foundation
About the School
GEMS Wellington Primary School is an extremely popular, family-orientated primary school set in the heart of Dubai’s most prestigious business environment next to Downtown, Dubai. GWPS is an “Outstanding” (BSO) premium independent school, teaching the National Curriculum for England to pupils from FS1 to Year 6. The school has a professional team of highly-skilled classroom and specialist teachers, who create personalised and challenging learning opportunities to develop the children’s critical thinking, problem-solving and independent learning skills, helping them to learn as much about themselves as the world around them. Our children are wonderful! Behaviour across school is exemplary and our children possess a huge passion for learning, contributing to an exciting GWPS Learning Community.
About the Role
We are recruiting an experienced Primary Performing Arts/Music Teacher to head up our team. Successful applicants will be fully qualified teachers with a subject specific degree in performing arts related subject such as Theatre studies, Dance or Music, exceptional subject knowledge and a proven track record of teaching outstanding lessons and experience of working as part of a high performing team.
The successful candidate will have:
- At least four years’ experience as a music performing arts teacher.
- An understanding of national (UK) policies and curriculum development.
- A clear understanding of the challenges and opportunities facing an overseas English curriculum school in Dubai.
- A clear understanding of the role of Head of Performing Arts.
- Excellent teaching ability with a clear understanding of how primary children learn and progress in all areas of the Performing Arts.
Required leadership strengths
- The ability to contribute to the vision and direction of the school and the department.
- To act as a positive role model and outstanding practitioner for the Performing Arts. The ability to lead, motivate, support, challenge and develop staff and secure improvement.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to process, analyse and use data to inform decisions and improve learning and teaching.
- The ability to build and maintain positive relationships with children, parents, staff and other school leaders at WPS and the GEMS network.
- The proven ability to manage oneself, demonstrating professional direction and self-development.
If you meet these criteria, are enthusiastic about teaching and learning and have the drive and passion to get the most from our students then we would welcome your application.
To apply for these positions please visit our Careers site and apply online http://careers.gemseducation.com/gems/VacancyDetail.aspx?VacancyID=137262&ChannelID=2964 (Ref: 3064). Please ensure you have uploaded an up-to-date CV, formal letter of application and recent photograph.
Please note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Important Note: GEMS Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all of its students. Applicants will be required to submit a current police criminal clearance check or equivalent from their home country or current country of residence prior to appointment.