Head of Post 16
TLR 1B £9,473
To start September 2018
“Educating the Women of Tomorrow”
Do you wish to teach at an Academy with excellent behaviour and an innovative modern environment?
Belle Vue Girls’ is a Specialist Academy for Languages, Science and Maths. We are a lively, happy and successful Academy with a strong commitment to learning and high quality education. When last inspected by Ofsted, Belle Vue Girls’ Academy was described as an Academy where “students’ progress places the Academy in the top 30% of all Academies in the country” (and in fact at 14% in the whole country.) It was also commented that the Academy was a place where “pupils talk about feeling safe and well cared for”.
We are looking to appoint an “outstanding practitioner”, who is committed to ensuring all post 16 students achieve their full academic potential. They will ensure all students enjoy learning with the desire to continue in education following appropriate progression routes. The successful applicant will play a pivotal role in leading and driving Post 16 at the Academy.
There are currently 250 students in year 12 and 13 over 85% of year 11 students remain in the academy for their sixth form education. We offer a range of courses at all levels from level 1 to level 3. Visit our website to view the prospectus.
The role and responsibility includes:
• Raising student attainment
• Monitoring and reporting on student progress – plan and deliver the pastoral programme for years 12 & 13
• Leading a group of forms tutors
• Lead UCAS application process
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
• Relevant teaching experience in a comprehensive school
• Knowledge of current educational demands and awareness of curriculum knowledge
• Up-to-date teaching methodology
• An ability to work confidently within a team and communicate effectively
The closing date for applications to be returned is Thursday 19 April 2018.
For more information about the job role, the school and how to apply please contact Kate Murphy at Hays Education.