Teaching Opportunities with Wellington College in China
Wellington College China has schools in Hangzhou, Shanghai and Tianjin. Our schools, for pupils aged 2 to 18, are expanding rapidly, so we are looking for talented teachers in most subjects. We offer attractive packages and prioritise teachers’ professional and career development. The Wellington schools in China all have world-class facilities and resources.
We are now recruiting teachers to start for the school year 2020-2021.
If you would like to find out more about teaching in China and the exciting professional opportunities available in Wellington schools, join us at one of our events in October 2019.
Date Time Location
Friday 11 October Evening London
Saturday 12 October Day London
Sunday 13 October Day Wellington College, Berkshire
Tuesday 15 October Evening Manchester
Wednesday 16 October Evening Manchester
Friday 18 October Evening London
Saturday 19 October Day London
Wednesday 20 November Evening Dubai
Thursday 21 November Evening Dubai
Wednesday 8 January Evening Melbourne
Saturday 14 March Day Melbourne
Sunday 15 March Day Sydney
To find out more go to https://www.wellingtoncollege.cn/careers/
To book a place at our events, please click HERE to register.
Should you have any questions, please email email@example.com
Head of Primary
Huili School Hangzhou. (Hangzhou)
Job Posted: 4th June 2019.
Dates: Apply by 30 October 2019.
Job starts: 6th January 2020 or earlier.
Location: Hangzhou, China.
Contract Type: Full Time
Contract Term: 3 years
Huili School Hangzhou is a bilingual school and is part of the Wellington College China group of schools. It is the fourth Wellington College school in China. The Wellington College China group of schools follow the same essential ethos of Wellington College UK, building on their proud tradition. The schools share the Wellington College values of courage, integrity, kindness, respect and responsibility. In Hangzhou, we want our children to become the very best versions of themselves. We encourage and expect children to develop the Wellington/Huili identity: to be inspired, intellectual, independent, individual and inclusive. Huili School Hangzhou opened in August 2018 with almost 600 pupils and will grow to accommodate almost 2,000. We are creating a new level of excellence for bilingual education in which our pupils follow a curriculum based upon the Chinese state requirements, enhanced by the National Curriculum for England that will lead to IGCSE and “A” level examinations. As a new purpose-built school with excellent facilities, we offer a wonderful opportunity to join an enthusiastic international staff team, in a rapidly growing school, in a lovely part of the world.
Main Responsibilities of the post include:
• This is essentially a non-teaching post. However, there will be an opportunity to teach in a range of Primary year groups within the school.
• Leading the Primary Team to achieve the very highest levels of teaching and learning.
• Planning effective strategies and programmes for links and smooth transition between the Nursery and Primary and Primary and Junior High School for the short, mid and long term, in alignment with the priorities of the School.
• Leading a team of teachers to ensure the very best planning, teaching and learning is taking place for all our students.
• Staying abreast of developments in private education in general and bilingual education in particular.
The above list of duties and responsibilities are not exhaustive. A detailed Job Description has been provided in the supporting document section.
The candidate will demonstrate the following attributes:
To be passionate about students’ learning and development and have:
• A deep understanding of the current literature regarding teaching and learning.
• A proven track record of success as a teacher and coordinator.
• A proven record of experience in a successful school.
• Strategic awareness and the ability to think creatively.
• People management skills coupled with the ability to act as a coach to team members.
• A high level of integrity with an appreciation of working with diverse cultures.
• Excellent communication skills.
• A good knowledge of the National Curriculum for England.
• A vision and passion to help drive the appraisal and development of teaching and learning in Primary.
• Some knowledge of leading a group of teaching colleagues from differing ethnic backgrounds and experiences.
Please email us your CV and cover letter with a photo to jobs.hangzhou@wellingtoncollege indicating the position you are applying for in the subject header. A person specification is available in the supporting document section.
Application deadline: 30 October 2019
Applicants offered an interview will be contacted by 10th October. Any applicants not offered an interview may not be contacted.