Your leadership will make a difference
Through seven modern campuses and with a large team of professional teachers, Vietnam Australia School (VAS) offers a highly unique and integrated bilingual education system to nearly 9,500 predominantly Vietnamese students from Kindergarten to Grade 12. As our student base is growing even stronger, we are looking for a Head of Primary to one of our campuses in Ho Chi Minh City.
What are the advantages for you?
VAS is a bi-lingual organisation that provides education for learners age 3 – 18. The Primary education at VAS is a dual curriculum programme, comprising both Vietnamese national curriculum and Cambridge International Education primary curriculum. We currently have strong and competent teams of teachers and support staff across a range of subjects and have exceptionally high standards of all staff. Teachers are supported and encouraged to use a modern and active learning approach to deliver the curriculum.
This role is a tremendous opportunity for someone who wants to expand their international senior leadership and teaching experience at a fast-growing, innovative and successful school. All our teachers and leaders are offered unique training experiences including the opportunities to gain further accreditation through our Cambridge International Professional Development Centre.
What you will do
As Head of Primary, you will be joining a supportive, welcoming and successful team, with excellent outcomes. The key duties of this role will include:
- Coordinate teaching and learning within the department
- Oversee all academic planning and implementation, and ensure appropriateness and compliance with the School curriculum and planning
- Coordinate and deliver parent workshops and information sessions
- Oversee staff input of information into the School reporting site and student reports
- Oversee and support teachers with the management of the learning environment and student behaviour
- Liaise and work with MOET staff at the campus in relation to student information in Primary education
- Communicate with and attend Central team meetings related to Primary curricula
- Carry out observations and provide feedback to teachers in accordance with VAS regulations
- Ensure that teaching and learning in the classrooms within all Primary grades are of a consistently high standard through the development and implementation of robust quality assurance procedures
- Identify staff development needs and implement an engaging staff development agenda
- Actively develop and contribute to a cohesive, hardworking and happy teams, within a strong collegiate culture
- Promote and develop to students’ academic, personal, and social development beyond the classroom
- Provide an excellent role model for other teachers in the delivery of an international curriculum
- Be a valued member of the campus Senior Management Team and contribute to its self-evaluation and strategic development plans
Your background and experience
This is a certified teaching position that requires you to have a recognised teaching qualification in early years or primary education and at least 5 years of teaching experience. It is also required that you have at least 3 years previous leadership or coordination experience, preferably from within VAS or from an international school following the Cambridge International curriculum. Furthermore, we are looking for a teacher with the following traits and behaviours:
- Strong curiosity in learning about other cultures and working with diverse people
- Genuine interest in the field of early childhood education from both a pedagogical and theoretical perspective
- Open mindset and ability to develop efficient student and parent’s relationships
- Willingness to embrace our VAS core values
- Ability to contribute to the wider campus management team to ensure the continued success of the campus
As an international teacher our package will include a competitive base salary, monthly housing allowance, relocation allowance, visa and work permit reimbursement, settling-in allowance, tuition waiver for up to two children, medical insurance, numerous weeks of paid holidays, retention bonus, and more. In addition, you will have generous non-contact time for planning, preparation and professional growth.
Please send in your full application including your resume, cover letter, scans of all relevant documents/certifications, three references, and a copy of your passport.